Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Newb thinking about a lift

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  filenamex5100 
#1 ·
Ok, I have a 2015 Crewmax 4x4 limited. W/ TRD suspension. I want to do a small 2-4" lift and was thinking about doing a leveling kit. I have no idea where to begin or what else would need to be done along with the leveling kit. I want to keep my stock TRD tires for now. Would I need to change out my shocks if I added a leveling kit? Would it need an alignment afterwards? Does a leveling kit make the ride a lot rougher? Any advice is appreciated also any input in what kit to use would be great! Thanks a lot! :)

#4 ·
Thanks! I'll check out the OME setup

#5 ·
I'm changing out my 5100's for the OME soon. I don't offroad much but if I ever do it's ready for it.

As mentioned before, look into Coachbuilder shackles for the rear lift.

Reactions: Coachbuilder1
#6 ·
Following.

#10 ·
I use the truck to tow my travel trailer, which is why i don't want to put anything over a 4" lift on it. I don't plan on going off road. It would just be to improve the appearance. the front of the truck definitely seems a lot lower then the back, that's why I thought about leveling it.

#12 ·
3" just about brings it level. For the sake of geometry, if installing coilovers stay around the 3" range, higher will make the truck require 'creative' alignment techniques.

ProComp pro runner SS is just like the 5100's that are so popular (just never in stock)

And OME is the bigger, badder brother to ProComps:)

#13 ·
I'd like to get bigger tires too, but I want to get some more mileage out of the ones I have first. They only have 3k on them.

Reactions: irishpride114
#14 ·
scrap the idea of any cheap spacer kit. trust us on that!!

at a minimum...OME 612's. for you....most likely OME 614's. you may have to consider new uca's as well. do it right the first time and be done with it. oh..and I cant recommend @Coachbuilder1 shackles and poly bushings enough. just get em!

Reactions: Coachbuilder1
#15 ·
what is so good about their shackles?

Reactions: dirtydeeds
#18 ·
Blocks create lift but in turn create leverage on the rear axle and leaf springs. The factory shackles also don't do much for keeping the rear suspension supported in any direction. The ride difference is night and day but aslo the shackles are specifically designed to work with our custom poly bushing kit that replaces the factory rubber bushings in the rear eyelets of the leafs.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-suspension-talk/117894-blocks-vs-coachbuilder-shackles.html
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/members-guild/100416-coachbuilders-extreme-duty-rear-shackles.html
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...2014-cm-limited-lift-qustion.html#post5864265

#20 ·
I can tell you the ride quality after coach shackles and poly bushings was amazing!! if you get the full ome kit with add a leafs and all...yes youll get a little height out of it but you are still not going to have the quality and comfort of coach shackles w/poly bushings. I didn't get the ome kit as a whole. I pieced it together (in my sig below). saved money and got exactly what I was recommended to me my a whole gang of people on this forum. couldn't be happier I chose what I chose!

Reactions: dirtydeeds
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.