Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Sway bar removed

16K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  TUNDRAtdi 
#1 ·
I recently removed the front sway bar of my 2012 Tundra 2wd crewmax and I have to say is if your thinking about it do it. I currently have the Fox 2.5 non resi up front and I will tell you it feels like a different truck. I used to rub on the front and rear plastics in reverse with my 18inch pro comp wheels with 0 offset and 295/65/18 dura tracs. After I removed the sway bar there is no rubbing what so ever. I can say that the ride is really plush now and I have no body tool. These Fox cool overs felt rough until I removed the sway bar. So if your thinking about doing it I say go for it.

#2 ·
I actually installed the OME 613 suspension lift this past weekend and while I was putting the sway bar back on I was wondering do I really need this lol. I don't have a steel bumper yet so its already super stiff and thinking the sway bar just isn't helping ride comfort lol

#5 ·
Most of our roads in the country have sharps turns with varying degrees of slopes, you could be going up a hill and hit a sharp corner then be doing down a few hundred foot drop through s-curves. I'm a little hesitant about taking mine off. I have FatBobs coilovers so no reserves and not a high end coilover. Would The truck drive better and still be safe ?

#6 ·
Sub'd

#10 ·
Took the front sway bar off last night.....OMG seriously night and day. On pavement, going from a feeling of bumping over a speed bump to crawling over a speed bump. On dirt work roads going from being thrown around to just rolling with the road. lol I feel like the best mod I've done yet is a front sway bar delete.

#12 ·
I'm gonna have to try this... Can you guys share some pointers on the easiest way to go about this? When we installed my OME stuff we had the truck up on a huge lift so everything was very easy to get to. Would I need an alignment afterwords? Thanks

#13 ·
Removing sway bars on any truck is easy. I took both the front and rear bars off of my FJ Cruiser for better articulation offroad -- and personally I love the top-heavy/roll/lean when going into turns in general. You don't need to lift the truck and you don't need an alignment afterward.

#14 ·
Removing sway bars on any truck is easy. I took both the front and rear bars off of my FJ Cruiser for better articulation offroad -- and personally I love the top-heavy/roll/lean when going into turns in general. You don't need to lift the truck and you don't need an alignment afterward.
Perchance do you also like fat chicks? :eek:

Reactions: FunkinTundra
#16 ·
My truck was on the ground when I took mine off. I had to spray crazy amounts of wd40 to get those bolts to budge. Taking off the sway bar was the best free mod I have ever done. I usually drive down dirt roads nothing crazy but I decided to take of the spacer strut when I hit a bump in the road and heard a big clank sound. So I figured to get some good cool overs over the bilstiens.

#20 ·
I'm interested in this as well...you non sway bar guys just killin your nannies every time?

#19 ·
Going to take mine off tomorrow.

Reactions: osidepunker
#30 ·
Finally got around to doing it today. It was time to change the oil, so I figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone...

Night and f'ing day! First thing I did is load up my Wife and went to a light trail near the house. Both of us were so happy not to be jarred around when we hit the bumps or went off the curbs. The trail is right down the road, so there wasn't a whole lot of turning, so I'm not sure about body roll, but I just don't think it's going to affect it.

I couldn't be any happier. Wish I woulda done this long ago!!

#35 ·
I've had mine removed for about 6 years now, best mod I've done to the truck besides the coilovers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.