Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid Travel Talk Part 2

311K views 1K replies 75 participants last post by  'merica 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I am not finding any with a 33's.

This truck is running 285/75/17 which is a 34". He had someone else install everything, I sent him the plate to help with a body mount trim if needed. I don't know if it was done or not though. The Mud flaps are still on, so I am assuming no trimming was done.

#11 ·
Here are my 17" Methods.

I have 255's right now that I had on a jeep. Waiting for the 34x10.5R17 to come out in March(KO2's). They don't stick out that much.

Attachments

#13 ·
For everyone on the fence about deaver.
I went on a off road trip this weekend and was really about to test these bad boys out. And man I gotta say, they are awesome.
I have them paired up with king OEM 2.5 shocks. And they prefer perfectly. My rear end might even out preform my front end now.
I've now been able to run these leafs in the sand, throw whoops, dirt trails, rock crawling(as much as you can do in a tundra), bomb rutted out trails, hit logging trails at 50+ mph and catch air on several occasions.
The leafs preformed flawlessly. I would highly these springs to anyone who does any fair amount if off roading.

#22 ·
Let's cheer this thread up. How much wheel travel can the stock arms support? According to Joe Bacal, his Lexus LX 570 has nearly 15".

What can you tell me about the suspension setup and settings? What challenges have you had in terms of tuning the system?

"We utilize all stock suspension parts for instance upper and lower A-arms, bushing and the solid axle 5 link in the rear. All bushings are stock. The only change in suspension are the actual shocks.

We are sponsored by King Racing Shocks, and the front runs two King Shocks per wheel. I have mounted a 3.5” coilover that passes through the upper mount (cut out) into a higher custom shock mount location that ties into the roll cage. the secondary shock is strictly a 3.5″ triple bypass. At the full droop and full bump, I get almost 15” of usable travel. This is possible with the stock arms, 4WD half shafts, and stock steering components.

As for the rear suspension, I punched through the bed floor, and from eye to eye, the top and bottom shock bolt mount is 47” in length at full droop, with the King Kong 4.5” triple bypass. The rear coils have been removed, and a 2.5” air shock coilover holds up the LX in the rear. The rear suspension also has close to 15” of travel, but does not utilize air bump shocks front or rear due to the stock full class rules."

#26 ·
Joe Bacal must have had a bad dehydration moment in the desert when he was racing last! Just saying. Really hope that he is wrong on his numbers . Im calling King first thing cause I want some 3.5 coilovers! Those will go nice next to my 3.5 bypasses. (which i really do have) So all this travel yet the Lexus gets beat by a F150 that only gets like 10in in front. (must be the tuning, or driver) . Now i need a drink to try and absorb all this. Love it!

#36 ·
It’s that time of the year again and SDHQ has geared up for Black Friday/Cyber Monday (Nov. 28- Dec. 1st ) to bring you the best deals of the season on all of your favorite products from Icon Vehicle Dynamics, Camburg Racing, Total Chaos, Fox Racing Shox, King Shocks, Vision X Lighting, Baja Designs, AFE Performance, PCI Race Radios, Fiberwerx Offroad Fiberglass, Method Race Wheels and many more! We are stocked full with all of the best products to ensure you don’t have to wait till X-mas to open your gifts! Already know what you want? Give us a shout to get pre-orders in and beat the rush so you’re first in line when we process and ship the orders during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale!

#38 ·
Im taking my coilovers out tomorrow for a quick cleaning and fresh oil...ill see what the travel number is without the shock in.

Reactions: osidepunker
#42 ·
Some of you may be disappointed to see these numbers.the blury pic measurement is 34". Thats only 10.5" of travel.[/IMG]

#43 ·
Some of you may be disappointed to see these numbers.the blury pic measurement is 34". Thats only 10.5" of travel.
So what gives??? I thought tundra could pull 12" travel with the right UCA and coilover. You sure your tape measure didn't shrink in the wash??? lol

KORE tweaked a fox coilover and claimed 12.5" travel with UCA and grinding the LCA...

#44 · (Edited)
Who knows what magical tricks they used to come up with 12.5", maybe the same tape measure i used when a chick asked how big i am? :lol:

Relocate the bump stops and it looks like its posible, you can see there is still 2" above the UCA.

Reactions: Ben_iv and Dragos28
#45 ·
I wonder if that 12" number is assuming the bumps are completely compressed.

as for relocating the bumps, I see two immediate concerns.
1) tire stuff.
2) the piston/shock shaft toping out internally in the coilover.

#46 ·
Now that im looking at those pics i have to apologize for them being out of order and blury. I was trying to multitask and still needed to take the coilover apart.

But tire stuff can be over come by aftermarket fenders. Im sure there is several things that can be done to get more than 12" of travel, a welder and an imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.