Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid Travel Talk Part 2

311K views 1K replies 75 participants last post by  'merica 
#1 ·
#513 ·
Agreed. What's funny is I bought stuff from all 3. Exhaust from Deeds, along with UCAs, Method wheels from Vince, and shocks from Matt. Thank you all for your help making the informed decisions. FYI, I would have never gone with a spacer lift or BDS or any of that shit. Only other option for me would have been OME and that was purely for budgeting reasons. I know I'll have this truck for 10+ years, had my last Tundra for over 11 years. I was willing to shell out more up front for superior suspension...

#515 ·
Finally pulled the trigger and shot for it... @dirtydeeds coming thru with the install and the headache of an alignment. Note to self, don't drive into rocks. It'll lock up the tie rod. Haha

So of course I have to share to all the MT gurus, thanks for inspiring me to spend Christmas money for the next two years.

Attachments

#519 ·
@Zackbremer I went with the method nv rims. Hoping to have the shocks installed Monday.

Attachments

Reactions: M C M
#529 ·
I recommend against checking the pressure. With the small amount if volume on a shock body just checking them will deplete it enough that you're low.

I always set the regulator a little over the pressure that I'm trying to fill to, then just fill the shock. That's how to know if there's enough pressure.

The pressure will affect the ride. But if they were in the box from King still then the pressure should be right. Only thing that's a maybe is somebody removed the nitrogen, so would be a good idea to 'bump' em with some nitrogen.

#532 ·
Like Keith said, if u check the pressure, be prepared to fill the shocks to your desired psi. (I like mines around 200psi.)
Best was us a zero lose adapter and 300psi gauge nitrogen bottle and a 300-400 psi regulator. Most people don't have access to this stuff. If u do, set the shocks somewhere between 150-200 psi.

I bought my shocks with the kings OEM valving and found the psi was around 125 pit of the box. And they were def on the softer/bouncier side.

#534 ·
Yeah I am pretty sure that is correct. I know the NVs are +25 and I went that route to minimize any rubbing issues.

Reactions: dirtydeeds
#537 · (Edited)
Hello my name is Canyonaro and I am a Mid Travel Talk addict. I've learned so much info about lifts and suspension for these trucks. I feel like a expert now. An Internet expert. I don't know what that is. But trust me. :)

I have parts on order with Matt at MCM Fab. Apparently I'm not the only one who's interested in better performance over better looks (re: coilover vs lift kit) since some parts are out of stock. So as I wait for the brown man. Or man in brown to leave packages I'm spending my time lurking on this thread. I hope to be helpful to others as you all have been in posting on this thread. I see hauling thru knee high whoops in my future.

Breakdown of parts coming in the Mail:
ADS 2.5 coilovers 700lb springs
UCAs from MCM Fab

ADS rear piggybacks k37 spec
Deaver k37s
TC shackles

Misc parts:
1.25 wheel spacers
Differential drop kit

Thanks to Matt of MCM Fab for assisting me in this package. He's a solid dude and is always an email away from all of my random questions.

Deavers K37

so far I got tires: Hankook Dynapro MT 315/70/17s

#541 ·
Finally got my stuff installed on Monday with @bbsr5cm Still waiting on rear resi's which should hopefully be in soon. I am working on tires. Probably going with Toyo OC AT2s in a 35 x 12.5 x 18. These shocks ride really nice. After the alignment on Tuesday I couldn't believe I was driving a truck with any lift at all. Feels very planted.

Attachments

#544 ·
I'm stuck at work at the moment but as soon as I'm cut loose I'll snap some up close shots for you guys. This is exactly what I was going for. A little more ground clearance travel and room for bigger tires without ruining the ride quality.

Reactions: osidepunker
#547 ·
One of my local mid travel builds.

ADS 2.5 remote resi, MCM UCAs, ADS 2.5 rear piggyback, mini pack, 35 x 12.50 x 17 Toyo AT2s

Attachments

#554 ·
No advantage unless you go to spring under axle. That's why I offer spec length shocks for the deavers that bolt into stock location. Takes full advantage of the deavers. About 12.75" of travel. Any more travel from the deavers is strictly shackle movement

#558 ·
Matt, are you offering the double bypasses now?

#560 ·
It was a good week for the truck. Got the ADS shocks up front with Deeds arms, then got an AFE Momentum intake, along with N-Fab steps. Rear shocks should be in this week. Tires will be addressed in the next month or so.

Attachments

#561 · (Edited)
Well gents... looks like I'm officially part of this crew now...

Im running 4.5 bds, with PRG UCA's and full Icon 2.5 remote resi coil overs front and 2.5 remote resi rears.. I have air bags installed, but Ill be installing the Daystar air bag cradles which I have sitting on a shelf in my garage to free up some rear suspension travel...

#562 ·
Well gents... looks like I'm officially part of this crew now...

Im running 4.5 bds, with PGS UCA's and full Icon 2.5 remote resi coil overs front and 2.5 remote resi rears.. I have air bags installed, but Ill be installing the Daystar air bag cradles which I have sitting on a shelf in my garage to free up some rear suspension travel...
Welcome to the crew

Could you explain what PGS is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.