Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

ADS Coilovers and rear shocks

35K views 108 replies 19 participants last post by  osidepunker 
#1 ·
Who is running these? What is your set up? What do you think?

Looking for the proverbial "caddy" ride on the rode, and supreme ability off. I am very intrigued by this brand as the appear to be high quality, long lasting and coated to protect against elements such as salt.

Thanks to all in advance!!

#73 ·
I'm not threatened by you. I'm scared for people running ADS shocks with them not fitting correctly. Justin's shocks shouldn't have been such a fight to put in. They were too long.

No matter what, everyone installing aftermarket suspension should cycle their suspension themselves. It's up to the end user to make sure that they and theirs don't die due to catastrophic failure.

I'm relaying on my experience with installing this particular brand of shocks. Others pictures aren't proof enough for me to recommend these shocks.

Jc68 is asking for some other work, while he's here, if he's willing I'll cycle his suspension myself and check that it's safe. But until I do that everyone needs to be warned. I know tundra suspension, hell I build, install, and align it myself. I know when something doesn't fit right.

And, I have no reason to blame the shocks. Even if it was my upper arm. Justin didn't pay a dime for the arms , I traded a stereo for them. I would gladly give back the stereo if he wanted it back.

This isn't about sales. It isn't about a stupid pissing match. It's about the safety of my friends in their tundras.

#74 ·
I'm not threatened by you. I'm scared for people running ADS shocks with them not fitting correctly. Justin's shocks shouldn't have been such a fight to put in. They were too long.

No matter what, everyone installing aftermarket suspension should cycle their suspension themselves. It's up to the end user to make sure that they and theirs don't die due to catastrophic failure.

I'm relaying on my experience with installing this particular brand of shocks. Others pictures aren't proof enough for me to recommend these shocks.

Jc68 is asking for some other work, if he's willing I'll cycle his suspension myself and check that it's safe. But until I do that everyone needs to be warned. I know tundra suspension, hell I build, install, and align it myself. I know when something doesn't fit right.

And, I have no reason to blame the shocks. Even if it was my upper arm. Justin didn't pay a dime for the arms , I traded a stereo for them. I would gladly give back the stereo if he wanted it back.

This isn't about sales. It isn't about a stupid pissing match. It's about the safety of my friends in their tundras.
You said yourself that you didn't install them yourself, but now your saying they were a fight to put in. Get your stories straight.

Multiple people have verified that the shocks are in fact not too long, for many other UCAs. Now please stop saying they are unsafe until you can provide FACTs otherwise.

I build suspension as well and have set up many very fast tundras and am well educated. I can attest that the ADS shocks are in fact not too long, if your UCAs were built around king shock specs, than that is something you should inform your customers of.

Now please, stop spewing wrong information until you can educate yourself on what you are talking about.

#75 ·
He knows that is not the story, actually far from.... this is really starting to annoy me on how the same thing keeps being brought up. Now customers are questioning the information that he states is correct.

If I knew what I know now, one thing would remain the same, I would still own ads shocks.

Reactions: dirtydeeds
#77 ·
When Justin's truck came back from my buddy's shop the upper uniballs misalignment spacers were the limiting factor at full droop. Not the shock. The shock needs to be the limiting factor. If not you'll need limit straps.

My arms are exactly the same dimensions as any of the name brands. Burg. Chaos. Etc. they work with every brand of shock (that isn't too long)

The uniballs binding on the cup will cause major catastrophic failure if left that way. I have no reason to make this up.

I've been in business for myself for over 20 years. I understand the ethics of business. I don't put down a product to sell mine. But if a product isn't safe, or there is a better product, I'm going to make the customer aware.

#78 ·
And in this case, there was a better product for his application. Which is why justin switched to the better product.

Cant you just leave it be already. You have zero facts to back up the bashing you put forth on ADS saying they are unsafe.

If you feel Kings are better, than stick to selling Kings. But provide the customer with Facts.

Here is an example of what a FACT is. Dirtydeeds UCAs do no droop out as far as other brands, therefore the shock selection is limited as to what is recommended to be used with those UCAs. Its as simple as that.

Just because ADS does not work with your product, does not make them unsafe.

ADS have been use several times with stock UCAs without binding, and you said so yourself that Uniball UCAs provide more travel.

#80 ·
Damn, I didn't post my findings to start anymore issues. I just thought it was information people could use if they were considering ADS coilovers.
I have ordered products from both of you (Keith and Matt) and have nothing but good things to say about those experiences. I think you both bring a lot of valuable knowledge and experience to this forum and ultimately want the best for each customer. I just wish you could make room for each other on here.

#90 ·
:boxing:

Reactions: trabs00
#96 ·
We still grinding rod in this thread?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.