Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Tuff Country 2" leveling kit

9K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  eddieb 
#1 ·
Anybody running a tuff country 2" leveling kit? I just got some cooper AT3's in 275/70/18 and don't want to go to high with a 3/1 kit and make my tires look to small. How do you like it and pics if you have them would be great.

#4 ·
E-Bay has it all, tuff country 2 inch level kit $130 ish, if you install your self..i thought about this way to long, i wanted a small level without any problems down the road..i am glad i did it.. just a 2 inch level makes a noticeable difference..the ride is the same if not better..its all good...there are so many options its ridiculous...

#5 ·
Very happy with the look with my Traxda 2" kit. I had it put on two days ago. Getting some 275/60/20s put on Ballistic Daggers today.

On a side note. I could not believe how the level jacked up the alignment. The front of the truck looks like the back on an old VW Bug. \-/. Steering wheel is off center by almost a 1/4 turn. Drives like heck. Alignment in two hours.:)

#6 ·
Could you post some pics as your truck sits with these?? I was looking at that exact tire and am not sure if I do or don't want a 2" leveling kit as well..Thanks!!

#8 ·
Rptipton I will get some pics of them this weekend and post. I have only had them on a week but so far great, low road noise, handle well on dirt and gravel.

#9 ·
I also checked into a suspreme suspension and they said for a TRD model of my year the best kit would probably be a 2.5/1.5 to make it level. I have not pulled the trigger on a kit yet. I would like to see some pics of a 275/70 tire set up with a level kit.

#16 ·
It looks like it sits pretty level to me, were you hoping to keep a little rake? What are your front and back measurements?

#15 ·
I like Tuff Country stuff, ran there levels on a few other trucks, and have there 4" on my 2010 Tundra and love It! It actually turned out to lift me about 5"s but I think the 5100's I put on at same time on lowest setting is why. I left off the 3/4" preload spacer in Tuff country kit, cause 5100's on lowest setting is. 87 lift. So .12" difference worked out to be about 1" higher real world...

#19 ·
How much did you pay for the install? Ive been quoted about $200 + an alignment..so basically $300 for the front kit only to install

Seems like all tundra get the nose up look even if theyre truly leveled. I think I want to stick to a 2" just to be on the safe side even though your setup is exactly the look I like overall. ( I also own a slate metallic DC so Im glad to see another one with that setup!) I was SERIOUSLY considering the BFGs too..but couldn't justify speding the extra $400 or so when compared to the AXT's...so hopefully itll look just as sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.