Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Coach Billet Shackles

21K views 106 replies 30 participants last post by  Crappie man 
#1 ·
They just arrived. +2 and full bushing kit and CB spacers.

#2 ·
Teaser pic!

Attachments

#7 ·
Teaser is Right!!!
Let those babies out and breeeath :)

#3 ·
NICE!! I am interested in the billet now also....

Reactions: Coachbuilder1
#4 ·
They just arrived at my house and im at work. I will post some pics when I get home.

#6 ·
Hopefully my +3 will get to me soon.

#8 ·
Shipped them out this afternoon :)

#9 ·
These things are awesome! Total work of art and huge! I didn't realize how big they would be...lol. Can't wait to get all the parts on.

Attachments

#12 ·
Gotta say those things look badass. What was the reason for switching to billet? Less flex in the metal or something else?

#16 ·
Thanks @Spankdog !

The design change came down to a couple of reasons, fit and finish were definitely number one. We're able to machine down to a much tighter tolerance than welding steel. Installation is simpler than before, the Anodized finish does not vary and is extremely crisp and durable. I also wanted to take advantage of how Toyota designed the frame rails. The new billet shackles are supported much better now and are able to use a roll motion rather than pivot directly off the bolts. Both versions still exceed the limits of the Truck by atleast 3 times and I'm happy to see our Brand name on the part :) Hope this helps.

#13 ·
Stronger for sure..and maybe less time being the welder.

#17 ·
We're running high numbers in each batch in order to keep cost as low as possible. Pricing has increased slightly but will surprise you by how little :)

#15 ·
I can imagine they will hold up better to corrosion. Can't wait for my shit to come in then I can get it all installed.

#19 ·
Watched the YouTube clip with coach coaching us on how to install ...great video. I'm kinda lost on the bushing kit install though.

Reactions: safety77
#24 ·
#23 ·
Replied to your message, thanks!

#21 ·
My plans have changed and I may need +3 so the plus 2 need to go. Need to make a few phone calls and will let you know

#22 ·
keeping my +2 shackles.

#25 ·
Subscribing for future reference. Awesome looking parts Coach.

Reactions: Coachbuilder1
#29 ·
Hey coach...may take these and install them with a buddy of mine this morning. Is there a left or right side specific? I suppose the engraving may need to point out and towards the back...let me know.

#30 ·
Sounds good, they'll fit either way but if they're installed with logo facing back Ford, Chevy and Dodge owners will be able to see what you're sportin' :)
The new version has a few added features making installation a breeze. If you run into any trouble my phone is on. Thanks!

#32 ·
OK so started working around 930 and was done by noon. That's after running to get the ball joint press to press out the factory leaf bushings. Install was very straight forward and actually hard to do it wrong.

Attachments

#33 ·
Here it is after the install.

Attachments

#34 ·
Now here is how its sitting after taking it for a ride and letting everything settle in. Ride is more fluid and controlled...letting the rear suspension cycle much better....does not seem so harsh and binding.

Attachments

#35 ·
OK forgot to add before shackle and after. Here is stock, coilovers and coilover with shackle.

Attachments

#36 ·
Got my new billet shackles installed the other day. Out them on with some deaver k37 leafs. The rear end doesn't jump off the speed bumps any more. Heading out to the dezert Halloween to test out the new setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.