Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

LR Spc UCA question

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  EVOL ARDNUT 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the LR UCAs stick out past the factory UCAs? My tires are already really close to my factory UCAs and was curious if I upgraded to the LR would be too far out and rub the tire

Thanks

#4 ·
I'm going to have to get some aftermarket to get alignment in spec with the lift. The shop that did my alignment recommended the Spc LRs so I was curious how far out they stick. Not really wanting spacers or UCAs but the UCAs are probably going to be a must if I want to crank up the coilovers again. Thx

#5 ·
I put them on my wife's 4Runner and when I laid them on top of the stock UCAs they were the same length. I don't know why the Tundra ones would be any different. The tire looked close to the stock UCAs so I was worried I would need spacers but I didn't even with 285 Duratracs.

Reactions: Tigershark
#12 ·
Lr uca's have a bit more meat on the end. I got 1.25 spider tracs to clear my uca with 305s.

#16 ·
It's really not the length that is messing with the tires, it is the position of the ball joint. I was running 325/60/18 on stock arms and TRD rims, then I changed my uca to camburg and my tires rubbed bad. So the only ones that would work with your wheel setup is stock uca

#22 ·
Update, had the new SPC LR control arms installed yesterday they do not rub the control arms thankfully. the right side is very close but doesn't rub. Did raise the FB coilovers to 3.5 inches of lift and now the tires hit the front mud flaps so I removed them and so far they haven't hit the body. I imagine if I am offroading they will if I am making sharp left turns. The truck drives SO MUCH better. Caster is now a 4 degrees so the truck feels stable again. I left camber at -1/2 because of outside tire wear. Still have a ton of adjustments if I ever need them in the control arms. Truck pulls just a hair to the left so I might go back and have them readjust the steering but I'm going to drive it for a week and see, I think the shop must hate my truck since the steering wheel adjustment took so long making ever so slight adjustments then test driving and then doing the other side etc. The head mechanic wanted it to meet his standards and he had high standards so there were a lot of tiny adjustments. My TRD wheel lock broke of them so they ordered me a new set from Toyota and are having it shipped to me. After going through all this after my lift I wish I had bought the LRs to begin with I can't see how anyone can get a good alignment without UCAs if they go over 2.5-3 inches

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.