Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Alignment numbers, what do you think??

816 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  l1tech 
#1 ·
Hi all. I recently had a new power steering rack installed and the shop did an alignment afterwards at my request. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to get them SoCal's numbers for my lifted truck prior to the alignment.

Here are the numbers post alignment on the bottom:

What do you guys think? I still get a bit of a pull to the right but I am not sure if this is due to poor tire wear from the previous owner not aligning and rotating properly or if the alignment needs to be redone. I have a BDS 7" with 35" tires on 20" XD Monsters. I have a vibration but I believe this is more due to the tires needing to be road force balanced. Which will happen soon. I just want to see opinions on the current alignment. Thanks guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think your pull to the right might have something to due with slightly more toe and caster on the left side. Your left tire is sitting slightly more forward than your right tire and its pointing more to the right than your right tire is pointing to the left. That combined with road crown can give you the slight pull to the right you are experiencing. But first try rotating your tires and make sure they have even inflation. Soft tires on one side create more drag on that side and can cause a pull also. Not to mention, uneven tire wear can cause pulling issues also.

#3 ·
Well when it's not pouring rain I will have to swap wheels around and see if the pull follows. If it does, then there's the answer I think. I will recheck the PSI as well. Last I checked (which was before I went on a short road trip and before the alignment) they were all close to the same. I am really curious if swapping tires will allow the pull to follow cause I don't feel like the previous owner took very good care of this truck.... :(

If those don't give me the answers I'll check back with the shop and see what they say. Thanks for the input.

#4 ·
The toe is actually even side to side if you look at the steer ahead reading, they simply didn't make sure the steering wheel was level when they printed the alignment sheet. The caster should be at least equal left to right although I like to set them up with more caster on the right vs the left. This helps with road crown. The camber also could be a lot better but I don't know how much adjustment they are able to do with what is on the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.