Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2014 Tundra Leveling Kit Questions

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  roboots21 
#1 ·
I just bought a new tundra 4x4 and looking into putting a leveling kit on it. I'm wondering what is the best one to get? A buddy of mine put one on his truck and ended up having to replace the a-arms, but he has a Nissan. Is this a problem I could run into, if not what are some problems I could possible run into?

#2 ·
yes this is exactly the kind of 'problem you will run into along with a long laundry list of other things, its best to just embrace it and not think of it like 'problems' because then you will be pissed when you need to spend another 1000 cause you missed some important factor that you didn't know about!:)

#4 ·
I've spent hours upon hours consulting the net and speaking with knowledgeable people. Combine that with the fact that I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night and here is what I have come up with as a solid leveling package that wont give you problems:

Bilstein 5100's front and rear (set fronts to middle setting).

Upper Control Arms (take your pick)

Alignment (from a shop that knows what they're doing)

From what I've gathered, this setup gives you the "level look" wont break the bank, and maintains stock ride.

Good luck!

#5 ·
The post above is pretty spot on. The only downfall with it, is the the Bilstein's are still on Backorder everywhere. with about 2 supposed ETA's already past from Bilstein.

The next Option would be a Coilover Like an Icon or King. Keeping kinda budget friendly, an Icon 2.5" Non resi coilover with some upper arms would ride really nice on road, adjustable anywhere from 0-3" of lift, and it would allow you to put it through some abuse off-road.

You just don't want to really lift over 2" without doing new Upper arms, that way you can get alignment back into spec

PM me if you want some pricing with a Tundra talk discount on an Icon Set-up.

#6 ·
Vince - which Bilstein PN are you referring to...24-232173? I believe this is the replacement PN for the front shocks (used to be 24-186964).

#8 ·
There are so many Tundras running around Oklahoma City with spacer lifts put on by the Toyota dealer, it's crazy. I wouldn't worry about it and just go with a spacer and block in back. From what I've read on here, more have the spacer than any other lift. Except those with the no-shit dirt/offroad trucks.

Reactions: dandl and roboots21
#10 ·
I was one of the lucky ones that was able to get my alignment in spec without going with UCA's. I put in the ReadyLift 3"/1" level kit. I was able to get the alignment to where it should be according to most of the specs on here. From what I remember, I was able to get just shy of 3* Caster and 0* caster. At some point in the future I may still get UCA's, but I'm not worried about it right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.