Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

need some help determining price

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  clarks 
#1 ·
Ok guys and gals, I am looking to go L/T and currently have the KING OEM coil overs/w resi's and KING rear shocks/w resi's as well. I also have the camburg 1.5" uni ball UCA's. I would like to sell this set up but I am stuck on what I should ask for them. I wanna give someone a good deal but I dont want to give them away either. what are yall's suggestions.

Thanks for the help

#2 ·
#3 ·
aaaahhhh!!!!!! help meeeeeeee

#4 ·
Give more details and take some pictures too. How many miles on this set up. Specs of the additional lift the front shocks provide. If you want to sell you gotta make some want to buy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
OK I was assuming that if you were looking into the KING setup you would know about them.
The KING OEM set up is coil-overs with resi's. they are height adjustable. currently they are setup up to run 35" tires. this set up has about 10,000 miles on it. No issues, I really like the setup but I am wanting to go L/T now.
Please keep in mind I am not selling this set-up I am just needing some help pricing it, so that I can sell it on the buy/sell tab.

The camburg UCA's are the 1.5" uni balls also have about 10,000miles maybe a little less as those took about 4 months to get from Camburg after I purchased and installed the KING'S.

the below picture is when they were brand new. I can get current pictures if needed for pricing help!

#6 ·
The Kings can be had for $2k new, all 4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261294986687?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
and the camburg UCA can be had for $700 new
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camburg-Performance-Uni-Ball-Upper-Control-Arms-Toyota-Tacoma-05-13-CAM-310036-/301169134732?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461f144c8c&vxp=mtr

so you have $2700 worth of parts @ retail price.
if you're looking to unload them quickly, i'd suggest a price of $1,500
anything more than that, and the buyer would rather just pay a bit more and buy it all new, not factoring in your cost of installation, thats a sunk cost.

if you want them gone by the end of the day, ask $1,200-1,300 for them and they'll be sold to the first guy who opens your F/S thread....

GLWS

#9 ·
The Kings can be had for $2k new, all 4
King Toyota Tundra Shocks Front Rear 2007 2013 | eBay
and the camburg UCA can be had for $700 new
Camburg Performance Uni Ball Upper Control Arms Toyota Tacoma '05 '13 Cam 310036 | eBay

so you have $2700 worth of parts @ retail price.
if you're looking to unload them quickly, i'd suggest a price of $1,500
anything more than that, and the buyer would rather just pay a bit more and buy it all new, not factoring in your cost of installation, thats a sunk cost.

if you want them gone by the end of the day, ask $1,200-1,300 for them and they'll be sold to the first guy who opens your F/S thread....

GLWS
^^THIS

50% of new price is a good place to start. As long as they are not beat up.

I would go 60% if they are shiny and 40% if they are abused.

Oh and be patient. When I sell truck parts I usually count on it taking up to 6 months to find a good buyer.

Dont forget to post them on CL too. Dragos is the first person I have sold to from a forum and I always list my parts on TT and TS. They always end up selling on CL.

#8 ·
I do know about them and I would consider buying them but I was trying to tell you to inform other buyers whether they know about them or not and list for a price you feel is good enough to let go of them.

I like this set up and am interested so let me know

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
cool! Thank you guys!!! Thats in the ball park that I was thinking. I was around the $1700 range for the setup. They are in awesome condition. little dirty from the road grime but nothing a little wash (truck needs washing) wouldnt cure. Always been maintained with camburg recommended grease and lube for bushings and uni balls.

Now I just need to figure out if I really wanna go L/T for a daily driver.
That and I have to start looking at how ppl are setting up the rears to get the full advantage of long travel out of them.

#11 ·
Again,

Let me know if you end up making the switch. Im interested and will be in the dallas TX area on May 21-22.

thanks

#12 ·
Ok guys and gals. the time has come and since you all helped with pricing i will give yall the heads up. I will be listing the King OEM front coil-overs as well as rear plus the camburg UCA's
I will be asking 1700$ for it all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.