Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

ome lift for 2014

19K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  Sean1980 
#1 ·
after reading several threads on the ome lifts I have a few questions. I was wondering if the 614 springs would work on a 2014 crewmax 4x4? would I need new uca? what shocks do I need for the front? for the back I'm thinking of going with the CB +2 or +3 and putting airbags for when I tow my boat. any thing i'm missing? any preferred places to buy from? I plan to install myself.

#2 ·
There is one guy on here with the ome 614s on a 14 crewmax.. He ska he did not get new UCAs... I have also got a ome 614 kit for my 2014 tundra but I have not installed it yet.. I have the 614 coils and ome shocks for the front and rear and I have coachbuilders +3 shackles for the back... You can look in the lifted 2014 thread and see his truck..

#4 ·
Got pics??? ^^^

#6 ·
What do you have on there now??

#7 ·
OME coils work only with OME struts. Get the rear shocks also. They give you more options for the rear lift.

Since your truck (CM, 4x4) is the heaviest configuration, there is a good chance you won't need a set of uca's. But every truck is somewhat different.

For the OME kit, Coach recommends 3 inch shackles.

I got mine from Toytec. Wait for their 10% off sale and the price becomes sweeter.

If you are planning to install them yourself, get them pre-assembled. Then you won't need to rent a spring compressor.

Reactions: dirtydeeds
#9 ·
I have the 614s and the +3 shackles I'm about to post the pictures

#10 ·
Were waiting... :|

#11 ·
I posted them about 2 weeks ago in the 2014 sub forum...

#12 ·
CB 3+Shackles Vs Dakar

I am planning to put the 614 OME kit on my 14 crewmax.

I have read through all I could find, and just wanted to hear from someone who went with CB+3 why they went this route, as opposed to the Dakar full leaf replacement.

I know the forum has nothing but good things to say in regards to David, I reached out to him He was unbelievably helpful and Id love to go through him, but I have yet to see a clear breakdown of differences between the just the two options (shackles and full dakar spring)

If there was a major price discrepancy, it would be a no brainer, but with the toytech pricing and discount, looking at about $200 diff

#13 ·
I think coach himself has Dakar springs. He could attest to their qualities. Apparently from what I read, they are awesome. The price tag is hefty though. The springs themselves are over $500. But have you checked the shipping? I've seen some places charging over $200 for shipping.

#14 ·
Thank you for the quick reply, your previous posts have also been very helpful. Shipping on the kit is same from toytec with or without leaf.

It is definitely spendy, I just want to do it the right way. Also he does have the leaf+his shackles. I love that idea but then cost is just spiraling out of control on a three inch lift. May not be worth the 200$ I am just not educated enough on it to make that call. I know they are both improvements, just not sure how noticeable one over the other is.

#15 ·
I look at the OME kit as a suspension upgrade rather than a lift. The lift you get is like a fringe benefit. I have neither Dakar springs nor CB's shackles. The kit will be more awesome with either of these, but there is no need to do it right away if you find it too expensive.

Remember that with Dakar springs, your rear will be raised, I believe, about 2 & 1/2 inches. So you retain most of the factory rake. I was originally planning to get the springs in case aal rides rough. But aal rides good for me. I am also liking the level stance with aal, so I might just forgo Dakar springs. I will decide when I upgrade to e-rate tires.

#16 ·
I put the Dakar pack on a few months back with the CB bushings and just recently added the CB+2 billet shackles, I honestly could not be happier, super smooth, no bounce, great payload capacity with out sagging and a perfect amount of lift for me. Wish I did it sooner

CB shackles + CB bushings + Dakar leaf pack > Bacon

There is a 5% toytec promo code floating around

#20 ·
It's ok to not change out the uppers. Either way you will need a talented/experienced alignment guy.

If you don't change out the uppers you'll need to compensate for the geometry change by adjusting the lower control arm 'out and forward' to get the camber/caster right. And, the caster will only come close, not ideal

If you get the new uppers the alignment will normally 'fall into place' if the lower alignment cams are set at stock and toe is 'in' 1/8" The caster will be ideal, camber slightly more aggressive than stock, and handling will be improved over stock.

Please gimme a call for further explanation.

#51 ·
no I still haven't lifted it yet. made other mods I dive it 60 miles a day and I don't know if i want to lift it/ put bigger tires on it. if I do lift it i think i will run the stock trd wheels and only go up to 285/70/18

#27 ·
Are the 614 coils the Light or Heavy version? I had the Heavy version on my Tacoma and it was a rough ride until I put a plate bumper on. I have been interested in another set but don't want to deal with the harsh ride. The Icons I had on my 4Runner were much smoother than the OME, I'm torn between the 2 but OME is half price.

Reactions: dirtydeeds
#31 ·
well, you're into uncharted territory. These will lift the front about 2.5", but compound them with spacers and you're likely going to be higher than 4.5" total lift.

3" lift is max for a great ride when an aftermarket upper is used. I've set up trucks to 4" over when the customer requested it (against my recommendation) and the truck drove OK, but stick to 3" with an aftermarket upper and the truck actually drives nicer than stock ride height;)

#34 ·
The three OME coils are identical spring, but different lengths. 612 is the shortest, 614 is 10 mm longer, and 613 is 10 mm longer than 614.

From what I've seen, most 612 owners get around 3 inches of lift (without any access weight in the front). I have 614, and mine is lifted 3 & 1/2 inches in the front. (my truck is heavy because it's 5.7, 4x4, and CM) I do not recommend 613 without heavy bumper.

I was concerned with the ride quality of going with 614 with aal in the rear. I think it actually rides better than the TRD factory package that my truck came with.

Personally, I did not go with King/Fox/Icon because I wanted to install it once and forget about it. For a person who likes to play around with the suspension, adjustability may be a bonus, but not for me. I just wanted a heavy duty kit that's reliable which I could use like the stock suspension. You could argue that adjustable coil overs could fit the bill as well. Reading through various threads in various forums, it was clear to me that this was not the case. I find the mid-travel thread on this forum very informative but it reaffirms for me that I made the right decision for my own case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.