Need help..left front axle - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 PM

Thanked 1,367 Times in 764 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
The axle is blown or the boot? Is the boot torn or just leaking at the clamp? If it is leaking at the clamp i have normally seen that due to it being placed under too much pressure when installing a level kit. Who installed it?

5100's top setting - Camburg Ball Joint Upper Control Arms- N-Fab Steps - Hellwig Air Bag and Rear Sway Bar - Firestone onboard Air - Daystar Air Bag Cups - CB +3 Shackles - Toyota (Leer) Bed Cover - GrillCraft Black Mesh - Body Color Mirrors, Handles and rear Bumper. Nitto 305/70/17 Terra Grappler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
A local shop here in Mass called Yankee custom trucks
Is there a way to take some pressure off, dealership is saying its blown but I will have it double checked as the mechanic was very young....still no answer from dealership and I just came from there and they are saying that they are waiting to here from toyota rep
I think its a smoke screen to deny my claim
#18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM

(Thread Starter)
How would I know its blown..its not making any noises and drives fine..just alot of grease in the area
#19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 PM

Garage
I would have the shop that did your level kit look at it. In my experience if they broke the front suspension loose at the upper ball joint, when the spindle is swung out of the way it pulls on that clamp and they fail.
That is why i recommend installing those on Tundras by dropping the lower control arms, less stress on the other components.

5100's top setting - Camburg Ball Joint Upper Control Arms- N-Fab Steps - Hellwig Air Bag and Rear Sway Bar - Firestone onboard Air - Daystar Air Bag Cups - CB +3 Shackles - Toyota (Leer) Bed Cover - GrillCraft Black Mesh - Body Color Mirrors, Handles and rear Bumper. Nitto 305/70/17 Terra Grappler
#20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 AM

(Thread Starter)
Hey nastyn8, funny you should mention that, the service manager just called a little while ago and said the same thing, they want me to come back in the morning again!! to look at the boot...now they are not sure if the axle is blown or if the boot is just leaking at the clamp...not much confidence in the dealership at the moment!!!
#21 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 AM

Garage
I have been through this a few times, other than debris cutting a boot the only other one i have done is a level kit that had no diff drop installed and a broken diff mount

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Suspension Talk