bds 7inch installed! - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
TundraTalk.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Toyota Tundra Header Background Toyota Tundra Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

Go Back   TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Suspension Talk
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Gameroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

TundraTalk.net is the premier Toyota Tundra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeadly View Post
Thanks buddy guess I should of went with bp-12 haha It looks good just beside other truck it's like am only 3 inch higher
I dunno. Mine measures the same and looks a lot bigger than a co worker's Tundra with a 3/1.

I have been thinking about how to get a little more out of it though. I'm seriously considering adding a 2" leveling spacer up front for 9" lift and maybe an add-a-leaf in the rear. I will be waiting until I need new tires in the spring if I do it though and go up to 37s. Should add 3" between lift and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Stubby Antenna, Nfabs, Floor Liners, Towing Mirrors, Python 574 Remote Start, TPMS Bypass Mod

Build Log
bigbair2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Premium Member

I've got a BDS lift with a 37" nitto trail grapplers which measure around 36" and i've got the same measurements. 44 1/2"
So your looking pretty good my friend. I too want to add an extra 1-1.5" to the front but i don't know what to add or upgrade to in order to get extra amount in the front

2010 Slate Blue Metallic
7" BDS lift, 37" Trail Grapplers 20" Fuel Throttle
RBP RX3 Side Steps
Spyder Headlights 6k (CCFL Halo) 6k Fog Lights Bulb
Spyder Tail lights
V-Led License Reverse Light
RBP (Volant) CAI
Inside Lighting 6k Bulbs all around.
Ramirezus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramirezus5 View Post
...I too want to add an extra 1-1.5" to the front but i don't know what to add or upgrade to in order to get extra amount in the front
The BDS lift comes with a shim that makes up 1 1/2-1 3/4" of the lift. I'd say you could remove it and replace it with a 3" leveling spacer. For an overall gain o 1-1.5". I've put a lot of thought into how to squeeze a little extra lift out of it. Lol. My only worry is getting an alignment. I don't want to have to buy aftermarket UCAs.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Stubby Antenna, Nfabs, Floor Liners, Towing Mirrors, Python 574 Remote Start, TPMS Bypass Mod

Build Log
bigbair2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

Thanks guys. I would like to go bigger but Damn the gas mileage lol I get 9-11 now lmao

2012 crewmax sr5 4x4 black, 5% tint
Custom Leather seats with Silver Stitching with Siliver TRD Stitched in front head rest, AMP Power Step Running Boards, AVS In-Channel Ventvisor, AVS Bugflector II, Gibson Metal Mulisha Exhaust catback! loud!! 7 inch bds lift
20 inch wheels xd monsters +18 with 35x12.50 nitto's m/t, Bushwacker Fender Flares - Pocket Style, head/tails done by big tundra red/white halos fog too.
Black tundra member #187 haha
jaydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeadly View Post
Thanks guys. I would like to go bigger but Damn the gas mileage lol I get 9-11 now lmao

Dang 9-11 MPG ?!?!?!?!? I have 37's and am getting between 14-15 MPG granted i just switched to 4.88 gears which helped but 9-11 is bad do you have a heavy foot? and do you have a hypertech speedo calibrater. because i get 14 mpg while going 70mph. I know hypertech is trying to work the speedo issure for 2012 and up trucks not sure if they fixed it yet. but that might be why your MPGs are low sense the truck doesnt know when to shift properly which could be the reason for such low mileage.

http://www.facebook.com/projecthoneybadger
Instagram @ProjectHoneyBadger

DaveB702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveB702 View Post
Dang 9-11 MPG ?!?!?!?!? I have 37's and am getting between 14-15 MPG granted i just switched to 4.88 gears which helped but 9-11 is bad do you have a heavy foot? and do you have a hypertech speedo calibrater. because i get 14 mpg while going 70mph. I know hypertech is trying to work the speedo issure for 2012 and up trucks not sure if they fixed it yet. but that might be why your MPGs are low sense the truck doesnt know when to shift properly which could be the reason for such low mileage.
Lmao ya I have a lead foot! But I say it's also where I live up an down hills ur out in Las Vegas where it's mostly flat. . But don't hurt where I like to show off. Befor the lift I went out of state going 80-90 more the way with a bike on the back an I got 14.6

2012 crewmax sr5 4x4 black, 5% tint
Custom Leather seats with Silver Stitching with Siliver TRD Stitched in front head rest, AMP Power Step Running Boards, AVS In-Channel Ventvisor, AVS Bugflector II, Gibson Metal Mulisha Exhaust catback! loud!! 7 inch bds lift
20 inch wheels xd monsters +18 with 35x12.50 nitto's m/t, Bushwacker Fender Flares - Pocket Style, head/tails done by big tundra red/white halos fog too.
Black tundra member #187 haha
jaydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

with the bds kit only way to add a coil over(acording to local shop and other forms) is to go with the icon uca's and run the icon 7 inch coilover thats made for bds. you cant keep the stock ucas because it wont allign straight after doing so.

also bds with a 3 inch body looks insane and will fit 38s
2104 Platinum Tundra,20x14 fuel Mavericks custom painted, Bullet proof 12 suspension powder coated blue, coach builder +4 shackles, Fox racing coil overs, Atlas leaf springs, 3 inch BL, Fab Fours front and rear bumper, Jba long tube headers, Bamufflers custom exhaust, 44 Interco tires, led undercarriage 12klbs winch.
BIG RIG CLUB MEMBER #40Bulletproof 12" Club#5
txbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Suspension Talk