User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pro Comp 4" or Stage 1 6"

I can't seem to decide which way I want to go? I drive 60 miles a day highway and looking for the lifted look with basically no real offroading. Plus it's a 2wd not a 4wd. Here is the current set up and then what i will be upgrading too.

Current:
Toytec 3/1
Toyo Open Country AT 33x11.50 20"
Nfab nerf bars

Future:
ProComp 4" or Stage 1 6"
Upgrade front shocks to Pro Runners or ES6000
Fuel Mavericks 20" - already ordered
Toyo Open Country AT 35x12.50
AMP led power boards

What are your opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 PM

Thanked 1,568 Times in 991 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tun1 View Post
I can't seem to decide which way I want to go? I drive 60 miles a day highway and looking for the lifted look with basically no real offroading. Plus it's a 2wd not a 4wd. Here is the current set up and then what i will be upgrading too.

Current:
Toytec 3/1
Toyo Open Country AT 33x11.50 20"
Nfab nerf bars

Future:
ProComp 4" or Stage 1 6"
Upgrade front shocks to Pro Runners or ES6000
Fuel Mavericks 20" - already ordered
Toyo Open Country AT 35x12.50
AMP led power boards

What are your opinions?
if you have a 2wd, look into CST spindles and stack it with what you have. itll be a cheaper way to go and will give you and additional 3". check out bad dad's tundra and sngo's truck.

2012 Tundra CrewMax RockWarrior 4x4.Zone Lift.Camburg Uni-Ball UCA. MethodSplit6 325/60/20.Dual DynoMax VT Mufflers w/Gibson Turndowns.Clazzio.NFab.
Build: http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...tml#post687660

Future mods: Icon 6-7" Front Coilovers, Atlas 4" leaf pack, sequoia sway bar/skyjacker sway links
The Following User Says Thank You to pngo121 For This Useful Post:
Tun1 (12-08-2012)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 AM

Thanked 1,697 Times in 954 Posts
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
What he said ^^. I would go with the 6" by price comparison alone, but if your worried about gas mileage which it will go down with either lift, more so on the 6, go with the 4. If paying for gas isn't an issue then again I say go for the 6 either thru spacer + cst spindles, or comp 6

CAMBURG COIL OVERS, DEVER 5 LEAF + 3" BLOCK, 20" RBP 96R WRAPPED IN 34" BFG KO, PUTCO FRONT WIND DEFLECTORS, MGHLM, DISCONTINUED SHIFT KNOB, TRD CAI, TOW MIRRORS, DEBADGED, DIPPED BUMPERS,ORACLE COLOR SHIFT HALOS, WEATHER TECH DIGIFIT FLOOR LINERS, GOPRO SILVER EDITION DASH CAM
POTOOWA MEMBER #2
The Following User Says Thank You to serberus For This Useful Post:
Tun1 (12-08-2012)
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngo121 View Post
if you have a 2wd, look into CST spindles and stack it with what you have. itll be a cheaper way to go and will give you and additional 3". check out bad dad's tundra and sngo's truck.
according to CST website, they have 3.5 or 5.5 spindles? I guess the only real difference between the pro comp kits and just adding spindles and blocks is purely cosmetic with the pro comp as far as the cross members, bump stops, etc? What reccomendation do you have as far as replacing the factory shocks or do you suggest leaving factory shocks on it? Thanks
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Great information Bad Dad! THeonly reason I was leaning towards PC was because i can get it for wholesale price versus retail. 6" would run me around $1600, but at the same time i want to keep all my options open, which my reason to join TT see what everyone is doing. It seems that CST is definitely the leader for lift on a 2wd, just not sure about the rear set up, replacing the front shocks, keep or not keep spacers, etc. It seems like you can go 50 different directions with this stuff and i really don't want to have to get 12 different products to get a lift, but at the same time, i don't want to settle for something that is second best either. I was originally thinking that I wanted to stay around 5" or so, but it seems like 6" or bigger is the way to go just based on the fact that everybody seems to upgrade bigger from their original lift.
I noticed that you had Toyo OP AT instead of MT, i have the AT's now but in a 33" and was planning on going with them in a 35" with the lift, but they are on national backorder from the vendor that i use. DO you feel like the look is still aggressive enough in the 35" ? I was leaning towards them more than MT because i drive about 60 miles a day highway back and forth to work and thought that i would get more miles out of those than the MT.
IT seems as though you've done alot with your lifts, would it be possible that you might supply a list of what you would suggest and where you purchased it from, i think i would like to be in that 6.5" area to start with adn go from there, but I think I would probably change all shocks for sake of trying to capture the best ride possible with all the potential changes.
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Oka, so i think I gathered that at the end you said you would have gone CST and OME full if you could do it all over again. Is that what i should consider to go with then? What lift are you getting out of that set up?
I'm trying to research as well while reading your posts, so I apologize about all the questions, but being new to the lift world, things can get confusing very quick with all the available options and side effects.
Sorry I thought those were Toyo's in the picture. I absoultely love the Toyo OC and will go with Toyo in 35" as well.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Again Great information, not sure that I want to go 7" or higher, but i guess I need to dial something in and go from there. I will keep reading and searching until I figure out what I want. I will check out coach builder as well. I actually sent him a pm yesterday with a few questions as well. Thanks again for all the information.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That sounds like it would probably be a better range. I've been hitting the suspension thread heavy trying to nail a solid set up down, just haven't found it yet. I think you've provided some good insight and a direction to shoot for. I can't wait to get something done and that can lead to choosing something for sake of time versus right choice, but your right a lifted Tundra is definitely an eye catcher, which is why I want it right from the start or at least attempt to make it right from the start!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 08:52 PM

Garage
Man where can I get that deal for a pc 6" lift LOL

CAMBURG COIL OVERS, DEVER 5 LEAF + 3" BLOCK, 20" RBP 96R WRAPPED IN 34" BFG KO, PUTCO FRONT WIND DEFLECTORS, MGHLM, DISCONTINUED SHIFT KNOB, TRD CAI, TOW MIRRORS, DEBADGED, DIPPED BUMPERS,ORACLE COLOR SHIFT HALOS, WEATHER TECH DIGIFIT FLOOR LINERS, GOPRO SILVER EDITION DASH CAM
POTOOWA MEMBER #2
The Following User Says Thank You to serberus For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (12-09-2012)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serberus View Post
Man where can I get that deal for a pc 6" lift LOL
That is my cost plus tax from a wholesaler.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 12:53 AM

Garage
I need to meet your whole saler

POTOOWA MEMBER #2
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serberus View Post
I need to meet your whole saler

I can get my hands on quite a bit of products if you have something in mind.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tun1 View Post
I can get my hands on quite a bit of products if you have something in mind.
Im looking to get a PC 6inch from Roco 4x4 in Miami. Can you work with them or get a deal for meh? Cant hurt to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Suspension Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.