Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Toyota website configurator question

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Manoah 
#1 ·
I've spent a few nights playing on the Toyota "build" website and getting frustrated. Looking at a brochure is frustrating in a different way. Am I doing something wrong? Are there other worksheets or configurators to help? Even Truecar and Edmunds seem to be lame for the Tundra... It seems like options are not mix and match... For example, I'm leaning toward a crew cab. With a sunroof. I want the 5.7. I want tow mirrors. I want skid plates. I want the colors I want, but the Toyota website build tools limits the colors, but then you pick a "package" and other colors are available. But select a different package and other colors disappear. Or select another color, and packages you previously selected don't apply.

Is the a magic decoder ring somewhere? I think if I could understand the rules, it would be easier.

#3 ·
Toyota's build tool on their website only lets you build a truck that already exists in or near the zip code you enter. I don't find that tool very helpful for that reason.

Truecar seemed to be better but not perfect. I've not used either in a year or so.

The brochure should indicate what options you have, but it's not always the easiest to understand.

#8 ·
maybe go into the dealership and custom order? just to see if you can configure it the way you want? id LMBO if the dealership used the same toyota build tool and got the same results as you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.