Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2016 Tacoma to 2016 Tundra TRD PRO

3K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  bbq247265 
#1 ·
Tundra's have a few good promotions and incentives but at the end of the post's they all say,

*excluding Tundra TRD PRO's

Why are there no rebates or anything on the TRD PRO's

I am thinking of trading my 2016 Tacoma DC TDR off road for a 2016 Tundra TRD PRO DC or CM.

I have great equity in my Tacoma and only owe $16,000 on it.

I have a TRD OR 2WD and never owned a 4WD, I traded my 2010 Tundra DC in for the 2016 Tacoma but just cant get used to the smaller size so Im thinking of going back to the Tundra.

Any one think its best to get the 2016 Tundra TRD PRO or wait fro the 2017!

#2 ·
There won't be rebates on them due to the limited production.

Up here the MRSP is something like $57K + 12% tax.
There's 3 Pro's on lot's in this area and they don't seem to be moving likely due to that price point.

#6 ·
2010 will know U.S. pricing better than I would, but I don't think there would be a "best" time to buy a Pro since they are limited production, though close to the end of month might help since they try to get their commissions :dunno:

#8 ·
Yeah, the best time to buy a Pro is when you can find a dealer who either has one in stock (rare) or on allocation and is willing to sell it to you for no more than MSRP. The first dealer I hooked up with tried to change the terms when it came time to put down a deposit and charge me MSRP + 5K so I walked and got one for MSRP. It seems like smaller dealers in smaller towns are easier and the only dealers who actually have Pro's hit the lots unsold. MSRP on the CM is $45,060 and the bedliner is $579, pretty sure the DC MSRP is between $3-4,000 less but not positive as I would never own one.

#9 ·
Looks like Atkinson Toyota in Bryan, TX (looks like you are in the Irving area) has 5 CM and 1 DC they list as "available" and the DC is priced within a grand of most of the CM so that could mean the DC are running out and they are marking them up.

#13 ·
Because they also include the Delivery/Destination charge in that number and they are probably trying to charge like $800 for the predator steps which are nothing more than rebranded N-fab steps and god only knows how much for the glass break sensor.

Plus, looks like the delivery fee is more in TX:

"The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC and TX will be higher."

#16 ·
If your willing to make trip to Louisiana, PM me what your looking for and Ill give you the no BS price. Sold few ppl on here Tundras and all would recommend me, I hit you with the best price I can do and have access to large selection of inventory (largest volume dealer in state)

#18 ·
Im in San Antonio, Your not to far off, if the price is right Ide consider.

I'm thinking of the 2016 Tundra TRD Pro, white or quicksand, I owned the 2010 Tundra DC 5.7 and had the 3 front 1 rear lift from dealer with 20" and too tires, loved it and the back was roomy for passengers and I did like the extra "'s on the bed vs the CM.

I do like the spray bed liner, had it on the DC, I also like the engine remote start option, seems like a luxury but I like it!

Is the CM worth changing up from the DC.

I hear that 2017 TRD PRO Tundra will have the cement color, any other colors coming out.

I will PM you when ready if I choose, is that cool!

Thanks

#17 ·
I actually had a Taco for a while because one of my close buddies went on deployment (we rotated quite often) and I loved it! BUT! It lacked in a lot of things. Towing and hauling was a big aspect. I was on the fence when looking for a new truck, and I pulled the trigger on a 2016 dbl cab Tundy. I LOVE IT and could never go back to a Taco. I never have to worry about space, or towing, or anything. Also MPG is not that far off of what the Taco got.... Lastly when I went to look at the new Taco's the price difference was almost laughable. The Taco actually came out more then the Tundra which shocked me. Just my 2 cents.

#19 ·
Thanks Bro,

I did have a 2010 Tundra DC 5.7 and traded it for my 2016 Tacoma TRD but since miss the 5.7, bed bed, spray on BL, lots of room and all. I hear they don't make the power sliding rear windows on the DC anymore or have a drivers assist grab handle, that was a must for me, but I see some have modded a earlier OEM grab handle tother 2016's

Anyway, yes I think I', switching back to the Tundra but don't know if the 2016 Tundra's are any better overall then my 2010 Tundra, any one here can let me know if the new Tundra's are better, I'de appreciate it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.