Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2006 Tundra Alarm Problem

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mickey 
#1 ·
In the middle of January, my 2006 Tundra was broken into and almost $12,000.00 worth of property was stolen. I reported it to the police and went to Ernie Palmer in Jacksonville, my local dealer. I told them that the alarm did not go off and wondered why. They stated that my alarm system was set up to go off when the windows are broken into only when the doors are opened with the alarm set. Told them that they broke into the truck via a side window and unlocked the door to remove the items and the alarm did not activate. Got this deer in the headlight look and thenI showed them you could set the alarm and unlock the door and nothing happens.

I called Toyota USA and told them of the problem and they stated that my truck was only equipped with the anti drive away system not an alarm but that I could file a claim, which I did. Toyota USA transfered the claim to SouthEast Toyota and last Thursday I dropped the truck off at Ernie Palmer for SouthEast Toyoyta service rep to check the alarm. Friday I picked up the truck and on the work order stated that the alarm was fine, it would set, and go off when the doors were opened. Now I am the one with the deer in the headlight look. I had the service manager come out to the truck, he set the alarm, and unlocked the door and the alarm went off. I asked how he unlocked the door and he stated with the manual lock and told him to try the eletric lock for that is where they found a fingerprint. He stated that it didn't matter and set the alarm, and when he hit the eletronic lock, the alarm system was turned off just like you used the keyless entry. Now he has the deer in the headlight look and stated that the problem was between S.E. Toyota and me. I know they will deny my claim since their tech said it was fine and even though he didn't try the eletric lock, lucks like I am out to lunch.

Has anyone else had this type of problem with their factory alarm system/

thanking you in advance,

Van

See less See more
#3 ·
This manager seem to run away type once you showed him. I'm still lost in he knows something was wrong but yet he doesn't want anything to do with it. I will check my truck tomorrow just to see if it does that.

#4 ·
Just an update on my aalarm problems. S.E. Toyota who is now handling my claim sent a tech rep to Ernie Palmer to check the alarm system. When he finished, he stated that the alarm works just fine! It sets, goes off when the door is unlocked. Today, I got a call from my claim rep and he stated the same thing that the tech put on the work order I told him that yes, the alarm would go off when you unlock the door with the manual lock but when you unlock the doors with the eletronic lock, it turns the whole alarm system off. This was verified by the servicer manager at Ernie Palmer. He said he would check with the tech and call me back.

He called back and stated that the tech said that was the way the system was set to operate. I asked then what good is it if you can disarm the alarm simply by breaking a window and unlocking the door with the eletric lock. He once again stated that it was the way the system was designed and tried to go into all this garbage about servos, etc. I told him never mind and hung up.

As I stated in my first post, they stated that the windows were not set to go off when they are broke. I took the truck to a local alarm company, showed them and their tech had a Tundra same year, etc. and stated that the alarm should not go off when you unlock with the eletric locks and also, he showed my the microphone that is supposed to pick the noise of a window breaking and tried it and it did not work as well. Seems it was not adjusted to pick up the sound of the driver's side glass being broke. To sum it up, have an appointment with my attorney in Tuesday and guess we will wind up taking Toyota and all concerned to court. When in doubt, sue them all and let the judge sort it out.

#5 ·
Do you have a GBS? If not how does the mic do the work of a GBS? That's where Toyota will get you if you don't have a GBS. Glass Breaking Sensor is strictly for your case of breaking the glass window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.