Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Brake fluid going WHERE?

8K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Azblue 
#1 ·
The first of probably many questions. I just bought an '05 Double Cab at auction.

The brake fluid is very low. An empty brake fluid container in the corner by the booster indicates this has been an ongoing problem. However, I don't see a fluid leak anywhere. Nothing dripping underneath. Could it be leaking into the booster? Where else could it be going?

#3 ·
Yes it absolutely can be leaking into the booster, I've seen it happen before. You can unbolt the master and pull it away from the booster enough to take a peak inside. If it's full of fluid then the booster is garbage too. Perfect time to do the T-100 booster/MC mod.

#7 ·
I see no reason not to go with a used booster from a salvage yard if you're looking to save some money. Other then an issue like yours they're pretty bullet proof. I have a NAPA master on my truck and I'm happy with it. Just make sure you get a master with the reservoir, some have without but it just makes it that much easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.