Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Do anyone with a 2016 Tundra have an FFV problem?

7K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  nicktyre 
#1 · (Edited)
I have read about some older Tundras with FFV issues here, bad starting, rough idling, worse than usual gas mileage, etc.

I'm wondering if those issues exist in the 2016 2WD Tundras.

Has anyone with a 2016 2WD Tundra had a FFV related problem?

Also, what sort of gas mileage are you getting?

My non-FFV Tundras have always been around 15.7 avg for me.

EDIT: I meant to also include NOT running E85. Any 2016 FFV Tundras running regular gas and having issues? I don't plan on ever putting E85 in the truck.

#5 ·
I have read about some older Tundras with FFV issues here, bad starting, rough idling, worse than usual gas mileage, etc.
They had some initial computer issues I think. Mine runs perfect.

~18 mpg on highway, less in town.

#13 ·
I have a '15 CM. At 45,000 had a starting problem. There is a TSB on it. Something to do with the truck thinking there is a different amount of alcohol in it then their is. You have to have less than 1/3 of a tank of gas and they re calibrate it. Took about 90 mins at the dealer. TSB good up to 80k miles. Sounds like it's all FFV including '16. You all just don't have enough miles yet.

#16 ·
ffv problems with my 16 trd pro tundra

This Winter I started having issues on cold days, my truck would go through a complete start cycle and not start, normally started on second cycle if I tapped the gas, but then smelled flooded. Always ran fine. If Cold always slow to start. Noticed my avg mpg dropped to 11.4 was getting 13.5, 90% city driving. I thought it might have been bad fuel so changed gas stations and ran several tanks of gas. Still a problem when cold. just took it too dealer, they reset the alcohol sensor. They said it should fix but if problem comes back will have to change fuel pump. Going to pick up tonight, hope to see a increase in fuel economy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.