LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Engine code P0441 and P0455

Hi,
My check engine light came on again today on my '08 Tundra, so I borrowed a code reader (nearest Toyota dealer is over 200 miles away round trip), and it says P0441 and P0455.
Anyone know what those mean? I did already check the gas cap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 12:34 PM

Found one code here
Troublcodes.net Trouble Codes OBD & OBD2 Trouble Codes and Technical info & Tool Store. By BAT Auto Technical

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii162/jpnca/cotr.jpg
Tundra Dbl cab
5.7 4X4
OME Ft susp
Bilstein Rr shocks
Air Cell bumps
TRD Intake
TRD duel exhaust
TRD rims
G-Tec preformance Sils
305/65R18 BFG KOs
N-Fab light bar w/ PC H11 lights
#3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 PM

Boy, I know how you feel, I've had that dang light come on 4 times this month.
I'm thinking of putting up a sign, similar to those "__ days without injury", except mine will read "__ days without having to return to the dealer".
So far, in the 1 1/2 months I've had this truck, I don't think I'd need a number higher than 7!
#4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 10:58 AM

I could use one of those signs

Except in my case, I won't need a number higher than 4!!! (4400 miles, and I'm on my 3rd trans/torque convertor)!!!
#5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 AM

Oh, and after the second trans issue, I also changed my avitar, as you can see
#6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM

What year are your trucks ?
#7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:34 PM

Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,595 Posts
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Toy View Post
Hi,
My check engine light came on again today on my '08 Tundra, so I borrowed a code reader (nearest Toyota dealer is over 200 miles away), and it says P0441 and P0455.
Anyone know what those mean? I did already check the gas cap.
Blue Toy, I hope these codes aren't the same as FORD's. Those 400 codes was my biggest troubles on my 03 F-150. 10x and they gave up trying to fix the truck Got apologies excuses you name it from all of the managers. They even went an jerry-rigged a wired to the sensor from outside of the harness to try and stop the code from showing up. The first time they gave me the gas cap routine with this explanation. It takes 8 cycles to clear the code. Meaning start, run, stop, one cycle. So 4 days later light comes on same 400 code. replace sensor. Test new sensor pass. 2 days later you guess it 400 code bad bad sensor again. Test sensor by itself pass. Test sensor with whole system failed. Yes the tech was that pic. 5 days later again it happens. Ordered computer. Statement "We never had problems with a computer". My statement "Never say Never". Change computer #5 cylcinder missfires. Get computer from truck on lot. #5 cylinder missfires. Put original computer back in engine runs fine. Next day check engine light 400 code again. Try computer from different truck on lot. Yep you guess it #5 cylinder missfires. This went on for 10x. All manager and my service advisor and my salesman tell me the news but my salesman being the great guy he was, stated replace the truck with a new one. I agreed right away. Little guy to right the Laison to Ford manufacturer kept yelling "You got to pay mileage". I almost grabbed him but my salesman Rusty got in the way and told me let's go order your truck. I was satisfied with that. It would take 6 weeks to come in. Happy with that. Rusty stayed in touch every week. One week left get phone call to bring truck in. I'm thinking my new truck came in so I showed up there 2 days later. I was out of town. When I get there they hold my truck and state Factory guy will be in town in 2 days. Asked Rusty he showed me the printout that the new truck will arrive in 2 days. I was called in the next day when the rep was there. He tells me there was 3 trucks in numerical order with the same problem. Two on west coast and yes I had the stepchild on the east coast. Turns out the pins in the wiring harness along with the computers were different. The pins were short. This caused the missfire along with the sensor problem. So he fixed it along with making the dealership fix back to original that jerry-rigged wire to the sensor. Rusty tells me to come in the next day because the truck will be delivered in the morning. I showed up and low and behold FORD states your truck is fixed so no new truck. After 3 days fighting I still loss to Ford. But that didn't stop me I went and traded it in for an 06 Silverado LT3 which was just as bad. Sorry about the rant but that 400 code brings back bad memories
#8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 PM

Holy Moses ! No apology needed . I think you handled that as well as anybody could .

So far so good for me , I have put 1100 miles on my truck since Friday and hope I don't have any trouble codes . Because if they try that " we can't find the problem " schpeel with me I'll be a little more than casual ! LOL
#9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:40 PM

Mine is a 2008
#10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramoine View Post
Holy Moses ! No apology needed . I think you handled that as well as anybody could .

So far so good for me , I have put 1100 miles on my truck since Friday and hope I don't have any trouble codes . Because if they try that " we can't find the problem " schpeel with me I'll be a little more than casual ! LOL
Sorry ramoine I put the wrong name it should have been Blue Toy.
#11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:21 PM

LOL , np Mickey !
#12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:03 AM

(Thread Starter)
Angry Dealer repair: NOT GOOD

Thanks to those who answered for the info....
Well, I took it in to the dealer yesterday (100 miles one way, the disadvantage of living in the sticks), and after an hour they said it was fixed, problem to do with the emissions purge something or other.
Stopped at Walmart a few miles from the dealer, when I started back up, light was on again, so back to the dealer. 2 hours later this time, said it was different problem with the same system, and so I headed home.
Started it up this morning and surprise surprise, engine light is on again.
Wonder if I can get them to pay for my gas.
#13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Toy View Post
Thanks to those who answered for the info....
Well, I took it in to the dealer yesterday (100 miles one way, the disadvantage of living in the sticks), and after an hour they said it was fixed, problem to do with the emissions purge something or other.
Stopped at Walmart a few miles from the dealer, when I started back up, light was on again, so back to the dealer. 2 hours later this time, said it was different problem with the same system, and so I headed home.
Started it up this morning and surprise surprise, engine light is on again.
Wonder if I can get them to pay for my gas.
Doesn't hurt to put it into the conversation on how many trips you have to do to get this done. I would personally put it in a sentence to let them know your displeasure of going back. They will say same system but different part. Easy line to get you off their back. I'm not from Missouri But show me the test and the part being replaced. After my ordeal It's hard to trust any dealership. It will take time But for 5-6 years being lied to you get a sore built up and it won't go away. What can it hurt? They can only say no. But what if they say yes? You will never know unless you ask.
#14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 04:39 PM

Both codes are part of same system: EVAP...maybe broken hose?
#15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 AM

tarheel toyota

Hey guys I've had the same codes 441 446 455 for over a month. every time the computer is reset. between 50 and 70 miles later the engine check illuminates again and the same three codes pop up. to date I have changed the gas cap, the PMV valve (56 bucks) checked all the vacuum hoses accessible in the engine compartment. all hoses held between 10-5 bar vacuum without dropping off. when the PMV valve lost vacuum( a full 10 bar in about the same 10 seconds. even though when the elect. were applied to the switch and you could hear the valve operating. I decided to change it.

that however did not fix the problem. the same three codes popped up.
by accident while i had the vacume tester hooked up again to the PMV
valve my brother lightly tapped the new valve and the vacume dropped off from about 8 down to zero. since we had the tester hooked to the hose coming from the valve maby the factory squizzy clamps were worn and loose, allowing small leaks. well we decided to replace all the squizzy clamps with little radiator screw down type clamps. when we tapped the valve again no loss of vacume was evident. now my tundra is a 2004 4.7 and the pmv valve hangs on the right side, top of the engine. tarheel is still working the problem. will let you know what we find next.
datzman likes this.

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems: Maintenance, Repair & Dealer/Warranty Issues