Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Lean codes???

5K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  rashwerd 
#1 ·
2010 supercharged 5.7 getting P0171 and P0174 codes have checked the gas cap i have ran the secondary air injection from techstream and shows fine. Seen that one person had a bad fuel pump be the problem is there any way to confirm anything with techstream?? its very irratic not constant I can clear it and it will stay off for a little while then randomly pop up cant say how irratic because the truck is rarely driven.. when this problem first arose I was taking my son to ball practice was around 80 degrees out had ac on and was going up a hill I nailed the gas to pass a car ... shot around it and about a 1/2 mile up the road I have these lights when they came on it was like hitting a brick wall so I started to check everything under the hood my air tube had pushed off of my throttle body or blew off??? and the little vaccum line 1/16 inch maybe that points toward the passenger seat was off to so I put both back on cleared codes and now seems like they pop up every time I drive it... kinda lost on what to check here ...thanks also whats the fuel pump for the SC truck? im pretty sure it was changed when supercharger was installed right? or is it just the injectors?

#2 · (Edited)
Reactions: Dixon Cider
#3 ·
What are the STFT and the LTFT readings at both idle and at a steady cruise of about 60 mph after the vehicle has warmed up? If you didn't have this problem until the air tube popped off one day then chances are that the tube is either not on correctly or something else has become disconnected.

#4 ·
Have not checked with a scan tool yet can I monitor these with techstream?? I'll get them asap and post. The codes have came up in the past but ended up being my adapter boot for my boost gauge just replaced it too thinking it may have been the problem. Have triple checked the air intake as well.

#12 ·
cleaned everything on the intake as well as the throttle body was not too dirty ... when I started the truck my fuel said it was low ...it was not low when I parked it I walked away from the truck briefly and when I looked back at the dash my fuel was at 1/4 tank just sitting at idle it went down to low fuel and back up again by itself... I tried hitting the tank shaking the truck and moving everything I could touch around to get it to duplicate itself but had no luck is this a sign of the pump??? i cant even hear the pump in the tank at all i was able to get part of my hand back far enough to hit the top of it and shake the lines and electrical connections but did not have any effect on it whatsoever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.