Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New CEL after AIP service - I bet yall can help

801 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Dace555 
#1 ·
I'm hoping someone with a better idea of what's involved with the AIP service can help me figure out what was done to my truck to throw a P0441 code.

The service was performed two days ago to clear the common AIP failure with new parts. When I picked the truck up, the CEL was off. About 50 or so miles down the road I noticed the CEL had come back on with a new code and just had it scanned. It is a P0441 code related to vacuum lines and evaporative emissions. I have read that this code will show up when vacuum lines aren't properly reattached.

Question is this - What is involved with the AIP service that would cause this code. Someone left something unattached? Broke a line somewhere? It is really a b**** to drop the truck off at the dealer as I have to take it nearly 1.5 hours away. Hoping this is an easy fix on my end.

#3 ·
Likely a line off at/from the purge valve on the drivers side of the intake manifold take off the top engine cover to see it better, follow the lines to their connections, most times its the one att he front of the manifold...This is removed during AIP service. P0441-EVAP System Incorrect Purge Flow...

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks! I want to say I already checked these but I will take another look. Aside from one of these just being simply being detached, what else could be going on?

#5 ·
Ok - I think we're onto something. I checked this morning and although the two hoses are connected, the electrical cable "purge VSV connector" is not connected and nowhere to be found.

I imagine this is my problem, however, why is it missing altogether and where does it run so that I can try to trace the other end?

Picture attached.

Attachments

#7 ·
So - almost directly out of the frame of that picture were the two wires that were left unplugged. Plugged em up, reset the CEL and now will see if it remains off. Any idea which wire goes to which port or are they interchangable?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.