Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Nice new door ding

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Discover13 
#1 ·
I got my first door ding on my new truck today. We have a bunch of extra workers on site for a refueling outage so parking is a bit more scarce. Don't know how I didn't notice it until I got home but there it was. I remember the car that was parked next to me but unless I see damage on it tomorrow if I can even find it, there will be nothing much I can do. On the plus side I'm pissed enough that I will do whatever I can to find this person and make it right.:censored:

See less See more
#4 ·
That sucks. People can be so oblivious. The good news is that it looks like the paint can be fixed with some good polish/compound.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Ouch! Hopefully you'll track down the culprit.

#6 ·
I found the car that was parked next to me when I left. which was white and was in exactly the same shape one would expect a car to be for someone that would just fling their doors open. I'm not convinced this car had the height to hit where it did. (white doors/black B pillars)I will keep an eye out but I didn't want to accuses some one unless I am more sure than what I am. I believe I can get the paint off but there is still a vertical dent that is there.

#8 ·
I got one today. The wind had to catch someone's truck door because I have an 8" dent in my passenger door. I was so pissed. Only good thing is the door already had a crease in it that I haven't fixed.

#9 ·
Feel for yah bro.....

Ah tell yah every refuel we had here at STP contractors could give 2 sheets bout anyone but them.....a majority of 'hey look at me I'm xxxxxxxx and man my old F250 got battle scares on both bumpers and both body sides. No matter where you park there will be a 300 pounder lumbering out of dually parked within 6 inches and BAM wide azz open door on ur truck.......looks like some compound and a few coats of Zaino can fix er up.....good luck.....

#11 ·
If that is white paint should come off unless it is your truck primer then will still be there. I had a boo-boo I did myself being careless lifting aluminum cans crushed over the drivers side in the bed and BARELY, I MEAN JUST BARELY, brushed the trash bags up against the side of the truck bed on top and put a 6" long thin scratch all the way thru the paint into the primer which is white. One of the crushed aluminum cans must have protruded from the garbage bag and caught an edge all the way thru the crappy, thin tundra paint. I swear you look at the paint wrong, and it scratches way, way too easily.

On a dark blue tundra, the white shows up horribly and I was pissed, still am, on a 4 month old new 2014 tundra. I hand buffed 50% of the white marks off with 3M rubbing compound made to help eliminate fine scratches, but after about 20x's of hand rubbing over and over and over for 2 hours straight, it is better but still noticeable from 4-5' away.

It matches my other small scrapes on the other side when my new driver 16 year old daughter hit a mailbox where she SHOULD NOT have been in the first place at night when she first got her drivers license a few months ago in July. I buffed those out as well by hand but both still noticeable. I have more scrapes on this new 2014 tundra than any of my former cars I ever owned in my life which totally sucks spending 32K on a new vehicle and this is what I get now.

Thinking of repainting at a repair shop but my deductible is 1,000 bucks and repair will be 800-1K to repaint so not worth running thru my insurance but don't know if come trade in time if raining out or in the winter time a dealer will even notice these 2 areas unless truck is clean and in bright sunshine. I guess in 2-3 years when I trade it in, I have to go in the rain or wintertime when truck is dirtier to NOT notice the scratches in the paint. Still ticks me off, but NO door dings, YET, but better not happen but am sure it will with my luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.