No oil on dipstick, how much oil in pan? - Page 6 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in Baytown, I bought my first tundra back in 2001 from the old Baytown Toyota dealer.... Since then, it has change ownership and is not the same. I went back for o2 sensor recall on my 01 tundra and truck came back with two huge "scratches"... Dealer denied any wrong doing.

I sold my 2001, and bought my 2012 from Fred haas Toyota, best experience I ever had!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
The Following User Says Thank You to TundraMan01 For This Useful Post:
theoat (01-16-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraMan01 View Post
I live in Baytown, I bought my first tundra back in 2001 from the old Baytown Toyota dealer.... Since then, it has change ownership and is not the same. I went back for o2 sensor recall on my 01 tundra and truck came back with two huge "scratches"... Dealer denied any wrong doing.

I sold my 2001, and bought my 2012 from Fred haas Toyota, best experience I ever had!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

I had a huge 3" scratch all the way thru the paint about 4" below the drivers door handle that was NOT there when I dropped it off and service writer agreed since we inspected the truck around the door handle for another item. The dealer had to pick up the cost to repaint my entire drivers door at a nearby auto body shop costing near 400 bucks since was on their lot at time of huge scratch. They knew better than to B.S. with me I was already pissed off at them for another thing they didn't fix. Dealer gave me a rental for 2 days and returned to them with less than 1/2 tank of gas also on their dime. Not going to fill up their rental when it was their fault in the first place. Going in tomorrow for the first issue they never fixed, they better get that one right this time around or else bye bye dealer.
post #78 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 AM

get them to throw in a 7 year/100K warranty with the deal on the 2012 tundra you got.
post #79 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 5,531 Times in 2,592 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211lostlake View Post
Funny thing...I went to pick up the truck today...and it wouldn't start. It has something to do with the key and disabling the engine. No one was available in service, so I don't get it until tomorrow. I'm grateful still, as I don't owe any more than I did before, but I get a slight upgrade in vehicle and am not stuck with my old truck.
Man, you have a great outlook on life, you just don't sweat the small stuff that is out of your control. Good for you!

Enjoy that truck, have a blast driving all over with your family.

I'm trying to stop worrying about things out of my control and taking a much more laid back approach to life.....I wouldn't be so angry if all these people around me would stop PISSING ME OFF....LOL..

- I'm Ken and I approve this message -

2012 Black SR5 DC 5.7 - A couple upgrades.... (Sold 6-29-15)
Details in My Garage
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Shasta For This Useful Post:
Bad Dad's Camrys (01-16-2013)
post #80 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by riccnick View Post
When you look up a vehicle's carfax, there is a button that says something like "Tell us what you know about this vehicle". It will show up and stay attached.

Edit: Found it.

That's exactly what this truck needs....there is no way the dealer will let that info get in there by himself. If someone sees the carfax, they should realize they need to ask the dealer for proof the engine was changed.

OP, try and put a few facts in there under its VIN.....no assumptions, just a few notes on what you experienced.

Details in My Garage
post #81 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shasta View Post
Man, you have a great outlook on life, you just don't sweat the small stuff that is out of your control. Good for you!

Enjoy that truck, have a blast driving all over with your family.

I'm trying to stop worrying about things out of my control and taking a much more laid back approach to life.....I wouldn't be so angry if all these people around me would stop PISSING ME OFF....LOL..
Same here big shasta, idiots surround me all the time mostly at work and if they did their job correctly or didn't ask stupid 1st grade questions, my work life at least would be a lot less stressful. They even laid one person off and busy as heck still since that idiot person cannot do anything more than 1 thing since uncapable of learning a basic excel spreadsheet adding up 5 numbers correctly and writing down that avg. of those 5 numbers. The other 3-4 women (all women office) either backstab each other everyday or bitch about whatever they can think of or are sick or don't show up for work for one lame reason or another about one day every 2 weeks. Heck, if I took off that much time, a normal place they would fire me for sure. And yet, our boss allows it forever since best buds with 2 of them. One lady (leave that term loosely) even talks on company time either her own cell phone or business phone for 1-2 hours of wasted time every single night and yet they all know it including her boss and yet NOTHING gets done about it. Who has to cover their ass and do their job - you got it - ME!

O.K., rant over - glad you got out of your idiot dealers' huge mistake and hopefully into another upgraded worrisome truck. Going into dealer today to fix my seat that moves and pops all the time, wish me luck. I told them I will wait for it for up to 3 hours since don't want to leave it there overnight for the last time they had it 6 days working on the seat doing NOTHING but making it worse and went to pick it up and they had to repaint the drivers door on their dime since huge scratch in drivers door. LIke said, idiots all around me.
post #82 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Yeah, the people at work....Ugh. I had to walk away from a guy yesterday because of his complete inability to use a band saw correctly. Just a small bench top one. He thinks he is the master at everything, he was cutting a piece of 1/4" stainless tube...He had at least 6 inches of blade exposed and wondered why the blade kept twisting and making his cut crooked. Even after I lowered the blade guide to about 1/2" he would hold the tube up to the blade and twist the tube instead of just pushing it through the blade with the sliding fence. UGH, I walked away so I wouldn't flip out.

Details in My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems: Maintenance, Repair & Dealer/Warranty Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.