Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Toyota Stops Making Beds For TSB!!!

16K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  2011TundraInMe 
#1 ·
I got a call from York Toyota Collision Center. This is where I took my Tundra for the bed rust TSB. The manager calls me and says, "we have a problem... Toyota has stopped production of the 07-13 beds and have no more for the TSB replacement. But dont worry, we're working on a resolution for you". What am I supposed to do now?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#11 ·
I lterally JUST got off the phone with toyota consumer affairs. They found my claim, they stated "If the bed is out of production, which it very well may be... Since the new body style is out, then there is nothing we can do for you." Thats why I bought a Toyota, to be fukt around like Chevy!!! I told her, "I have a better idea, I'll keep this truck and wait until my leg breaks through this rusted bed, then it'll be your problem"

#12 ·
Wow, that's not like Toyota, seriously more rust issues and they blow you off?

Hmmmm.

#13 ·
Got any pictures? Had my liner out a few weeks ago and had some bumps in the paint. Looked as if it had started under the paint. Going to have to check the VIN against that's tsb and take a closer look.

#16 ·
I cant post an image here, I dont know how to host it. Forgot my photobucket password

#18 ·
Nothing says they have to make the complete bed, it just means that the TSB needs to be re-written to reflect the use of individual parts. They still stamp bed sides they still make the inner structure it will just have to be assembled by the body shop instead of the factory.

It will likely mean that only the floor will be replaced since that is the affected area. Glad I am in California and we don't see these issues

#21 ·
I'm waiting on a call from the body shop manager in York. He isnt very quick to respond to emails.

#22 ·
No updates... The body shop manager will no longer return ANY of my calls. I'm looking at the possibility of starting a class action lawsuit.

#24 ·
I called them and they're telling me there is nothing else they can do at this point.

#26 ·
Is the truck under warranty? If so they should cover it. However most rust problems have to show actual holes through the body to qualify.

Remember, a TSB is not the same as a recall. It just means they are aware of certain problems. We had several regarding my wife's former Impala, but Chevy said if we wanted them fixed we would have to pay.

#29 ·
Its out of warranty, but well within the TSB Qualifications. I went to the Dealership body shop, and they said, "yes you qualify, you will be getting a new bed. We will call you when the bed gets here". Then a week later I was called and told the beds arent available any longer.

#30 ·
IMO they have had this TSB out long enough that it will be more cost effective to supply parts instead of a complete bed... the complete bed was easier with the "high" demand to fill the problem? Now they may have caught up enough that they do not care that it is a pain in ass for the small amount left to repair?

#32 ·
I finally received a call yesterday, the manager told me toyota is working on a fix for this, they do not know what to do. So, pretty much nothing... Just an FYI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.