#1 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Gio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down 5000 miles service???

What a joke!
Had an appointment at 9:00 am. I was there at 8:50. I told the service guy to look at my seat making noises and I went inside....
At 10:50 I see my truck brought in. At 11:05 was ready for me to take home!
Two hour wait for basically rotate the tires, and they told me there is nothing wrong with the seat.
What a waste of time! I think that for my next service I will try a different dealer. At list next one they will change the oil.....

Last edited by Gio; 03-12-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Adjustment title.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 PM

Thanked 1,319 Times in 750 Posts
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Take them for a ride to show noise and hear it together. Oil on yours may be every 10,000 which I would not go that far. You have to tell dealer what you want and if noise issue ALWAYS you drive with tech in car to reproduce sound and make sure he says he hears it too. If it continues, do that!
The Following User Says Thank You to EVOL ARDNUT For This Useful Post:
Gio (03-12-2013)
#3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:57 PM

Thanked 5,103 Times in 2,220 Posts
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
I am guessing yours is a '12. Synthetic with Toyotacare? If so oil changes come at 10K and the service in between is a tire rotation and inspection. Alot of people are just paying for the extra oil change in between.

As for the noise... alot of times they don't go out of their way to replicate these issues. I would say you need to have a tech stand there while you do something to cause the noise and then make them specifically document on the repair order that you want it looked at.

BRING BACK BAD DAD CAMRY club member # 1
#4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 03:35 PM

Thanked 1,354 Times in 754 Posts
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
with adding the seat concern did you not expect it to take longer?

5100's top setting - Camburg Ball Joint Upper Control Arms- N-Fab Steps - Hellwig Air Bag and Rear Sway Bar - Firestone onboard Air - Daystar Air Bag Cups - CB +3 Shackles - Toyota (Leer) Bed Cover - GrillCraft Black Mesh - Body Color Mirrors, Handles and rear Bumper. Nitto 305/70/17 Terra Grappler
#5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That Toyota service for you! I would have to wait 45 min to an hour every time I dropped my truck off! That's just to leave!! They had my wife there for 4 hours for a tire. Then came out and said she would have to come back because they didn't have the tire in stock! That, all of the BS they would try to shove down your throat (like the reason my tires on my 2011 Tacoma trd were cupping severely in 1500 miles was because I drove it on t 100' dirt road...once!!!) and the terrible experience with toyota of America with my tundra made me end my long time ownership with Toyota starting with my 79 corolla and ending with a 2012 tundra just traded with 4995 miles on it. No customer loyalty = no brand loyalty!
#6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
In my experience, ever since 2010 the dealers and the service mgrs. hands have been scrutinized to a tee on all warranty repair work. They can't even replace a part over a set amount without getting corporate approval anymore. IN 2007, I had a major drivers seat issue knocking over every single chop in concrete road very bad. Took it for a spin with tech who didn't care and 2 hours later knock in seat still was there. Drove immediately back and demanded ride with service mgr.. Service mgr. heard it dozens of times in 10 miles of driving tops. He immediately told me he will order a new track and seat no questions asked. Replaced the following week problem solved. In 2010, I had a similar issue with my new 2010 after 16K miles or so. Same dealer and same service mgr. would NOT replace seat and track under warranty and tried repair attempts 5 different times. Each time was useless. Had it so filed complaint with toyota corp. and service mgr. called me and told me the regional serv. mgr. will be in to listen and hear for noise and so I waited and brought in to let her deal with it. She totally blew me off even though I could replicate the noise easily all the time and she heard it vs. a new identical but 1 year newer 2011 tundra NO changes in seat or track. She told me she would not replace seat and track since costs like 1500 bucks. I said you have already wasted guessing 1500 bucks in dealer and my time so get it done or I will file lemon law. After a 30 minute discussion with same serv. mgr. they invited me in to office and told me a ONE time courtesy replacement under 3/36K. I said that will NOT be in writing and I will be bringing it in under 3/36K yet again if it goes bad again and I said in a pissed off voice that this seat lasted 1 1/2 years and 16K so hopefully this one lasts until 3/36K is over hopefully and toyota needs to get this issue of the drivers seat knocking resolved. NOW, 2012 tundra identical seat/track was very BAD at ONLY 7K miles. Brought it in to the selling dealer 2 times and even though they heard the seat pop and make noise easily at every stop sign, they told me they will NOT replace seat and track w/o regional approval. Did same thing filed complaint with toyota and bitched dealer out big time. They reluctantly ordered new seat and track after 1 month of doing NOTHING and NOW YET AGAIN after 3,000 miles, the seat is starting the same crappy knocking and popping but not as often as before which was daily driving. FRICKING seats/track are junk, trust me!

Oh yah, the 2010 tundra dealer, even the assistant service mgr. who knows 10x more than his boss told me just that year in 2010 the warranty claims over a set amount NOW have to go thru regional approval since toyota is cracking down on warranty repairs and the dealers' hands are tied meaning they cannot honor the warranty UNLESS they get babysat by some regional mgr. who, in my 1 experience with her, knows absolutely nothing about vehicle repairs.

Since 2010, I have lost almost all my faith in decent customer service with Toyota dealers in my area. They pass the buck and do not care about doing the right thing because mother Toyota will not allow them to do their job even though the dealer knows there is a problem and can see and hear it, they don't do a damn thing about it unless you push them into doing something. Stick to your guns and demand replacement of your seat because in my experience ever since 2007 when these tundra's came out, NOT ONE of these power driver's seats will last being solid and no knocking EVER in the full 3/36K warranty. Total fricking joke!
#7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
I am guessing yours is a '12. Synthetic with Toyotacare? If so oil changes come at 10K and the service in between is a tire rotation and inspection. Alot of people are just paying for the extra oil change in between.

As for the noise... alot of times they don't go out of their way to replicate these issues. I would say you need to have a tech stand there while you do something to cause the noise and then make them specifically document on the repair order that you want it looked at.
Not true on 10K oil changes ONLY IF your 2012 tundra is flex fuel. If your tundra is flex fuel E85 capable, then dealer is required to change your oil regardless of type of gas you use EVERY 5K MILES, not 10K, with synthetic oil. Now, if you 2012 tundra is NOT flex fuel, then it is every 10K with synthetic oil. Personally, I would never go 10K even with synthetic oil even though everything I have read states will be fine, but me being picky I'd change every 8-9K tops. I do let my other vehicles go 5K miles with regular non-synthetic oil and NEVER go over that since non synthetic oil over 5K would be bad, but can push the 10K mark with synthetic, just that I wouldn't go quite that far in mileage.

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems & Dealer Service/Maintenance