Front Differential TSB - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
TundraTalk.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Toyota Tundra Header Background Toyota Tundra Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

Go Back   TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems & Dealer Service/Maintenance
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Gameroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

TundraTalk.net is the premier Toyota Tundra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Front Differential TSB

I don't know if many of you are aware of the front differential TSB, but the last weekend I developed a wu-wu-wu-wu sound coming from my front diff. I took it into a shop on saturday and the technician stated it was a front diff issue and to take it to toyota. I went home a furiously browsed the internet in search of a solution or others with the same problem. It turns out there is a TSB for 2007-2008 Tundras where the front diff and axel are replaced. So this morning 11-19-12 I went into the dealer and spoke with the service advisor who let me take a technician on a joyride so I could point out the sound and how to create it. I was perfectly inline with the TSB and the technician agreed the service advisor pulled my VIN and found my in-service date to be 10-31-07 meaning I missed the 60 month deadline to have the repair done on toyota's dime by 20 FREAKIN' DAYS!!! The service advisor is going to write toyota a good faith repair request and hopefully they will cover some of it. My truck only has 49k miles so the mileage wasn't an issue. If they don't approve the good faith repair it $2,500 out of my own pocket..... So I'm wondering if any members here have had experience with the good faith repair situation and toyota's willingness to accept the cost of the fix. After all it's a known problem and I'm 10k miles under the cut off.

Any insight would be appreciated!!

Thanks
z12ub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems & Dealer Service/Maintenance