Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

BAMUFFLER installed

498K views 3K replies 365 participants last post by  GXPaycheck 
#1 ·
i just had a BAMUFFLER installed and DANG!!!!! It sounds just right. No drone at all on the highway. Feels like i have more low end now also. Would post a sound clip but the camera is in the wifes purse at work.

#6 ·
Interesting setup.. do you have any better pics.. maybe straight up from the underside of the muffler? is that a custom drone eliminator on the right of the muffler? I've built a few of these but never that big. any chance on a sound clip?

#10 ·
drone was killer in the fj, but if a dog ripped ass walking on the sidewalk while i drove by with the radio on i would hear it... seriously had like NO insulation... and v-6 engines are said to have more drone... it didnt really bother me unless i was stuck doing 50-55 with a light load like on hills on m-33 off of 1-75... in traffic it sucked bad, had to turn radio up to overcome it, the gf hated it... i normally did a few over...

on the tundra i really dont think that drone could be as bad with any sort of exhaust, esp with me having a crewmax, the muffler and outlet is pretty far back there...

if i may ask, how much was the bamfufller

edited: noticed i spelled bamuffler wayyy wrong, but its funny, so im leaving it .

#13 ·
Sounds nice! How is it 50+ MPH is it very loud?

#14 ·
Love it !! that's the EXACT sound I was looking for ! Now, where did you get it from ?

#62 ·
It's not loud at all at 50, you can hear it a little. it's pretty quiet unless you get on it. I like it cuz it you CAN slightly hear it. I didn't get aftermarket to be quiet like the MONSTER stock system :)

#18 ·
AWESOME SOUND!! still waiting on someone to post the dual exhaust version of these mufflers. If it sounds as good as the single...I'm in !

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#24 ·
I was qouted this also. He really sounds like he knows what he is talking about. I'm a little skeptical because I you have to repaint them vs the stainless mufflers on the market. Plus I'd rather here a few duals on video before I spend over 300 dollars.

mufflers $96ea
helmholtz's $50ea
shipping 35ea

#26 · (Edited)
That sounds... awesome. I love the aggressive sound, but usually with that comes the drone, and annoying tones on the highway and torque loss. What are the specs on the muffler, Inlet and Outlet diameters? I'm looking for a replacement muffler, dual in, single out that doesn't kill torque, or drone...

Edit: Looked at the picture closer and it's obviously a single in/out with y-pipe but the piping looks big!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.