Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Nitrous Oxide Installation

13K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  mdl 
#1 ·
I've decided that I need to get this done before my wife has the baby so I'm going to install it this weekend. :cool:

Has anybody done a N/X wet-kit setup on a 5.7L 2nd Gen? I've searched and haven't found much. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to get out of it without a locker and burning 38" tires... but I have the kit laying around and I want to have fun with it. Still need to blast/paint all of the bottles and make them all the same color...

Any input is greatly appreciated... of course pictures, videos, and details to come... :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Can not wait to see a video of your big arse truck taking off like a bat out of hell.

Reactions: Walkfuu
#4 ·
I have 100 and 125 jets sitting here so probably the 100 at first to see how it responds.. and then switch over to the 125.

#5 ·
All I can say is WOW! Good luck, I think you will be the first to do this as far as I know.

#6 ·
good luck man.. I was SUPER CLOSE at attempting a N20 install but i chickened out and since our trucks are fly by wire, i had no clue what wire to splice into?? maybe if you did a write up?? im still down but ive never installed Nitrous before..... i still have my kit, its a basic wet kit, no window switch?? i was thinking i could just mount a switch under the gas pedal??

#7 ·
#11 ·
well one thing after another for two weekends in a row and I have not been able to sit down and tackle this. This weekend being the 4th, I've got an extra day and shouldn't have any excuses... but I'm sure I'll find something :(

#15 ·
Not so sure that is a great idea. These trucks are drive by wire and just because the pedal is depressed does not mean the throttle body is all the way open. Bad idea to have nitrous spraying when not at wide open throttle(WOT). I think your best bet is to tap into the throttle postion sensor(TPS) either at the throttle body or the ECU harness at the firewall. Not an expert at all on these trucks and in the middle of my own install. Just my 2 cents.

#18 ·
Hope you got it all installed over the weekend. Would love to see a write-up. I bet the Tundra can handle a 100 shot pretty easily.

#20 ·
I had a 2003 Celica (also DBW Throttle) that I ran nitrous on. I would HIGHLY recommend using an electronic WOT switch and spice into the harness. For me, the gas pedal switch just wasn't reliable enough to risk spraying when I didn't want to and run the risk of detonation. I went crazy and even added an RPM Window switch so that the system sprayed exactly when I wanted. Just my $0.02.

#21 ·
The TPS will more than likley not work. When I tuned my truck I tried to wire into thr TPS and it freaked out. The Tundra runs dual TPS wires. If it sences any difference between the two wires it will throw you into limp mode and throw CELs.

#23 · (Edited)
heres my buddies tundra with nos purging out of the middle of the hood! freakin bad ass!!
he put it on a long time ago, not much of a forum guy cause a different forum bashed him for doin this so he doesnt go on forums much anymore. but damn is his truck sweet. the nos is what got him sponsored by 4130 and that his truck fits in well with their race team. check it out.

Tundra Nitrous Purge Video by MoTo♠XxX {ImPulse} - MySpace Video

Tundra Purge Video by MoTo♠XxX {ImPulse} - MySpace Video

heres a pic of his truck.

#24 ·
After i sell my truck someone does this lol. Dude get a window switch. This way it'll only spray when you want its at A) WOT and B) at the right rpm range.

#26 ·
Na, everything went with the truck and I mean everything. Double din, hard wire, lift, wheels, tires.

Only things I have left are the mud flaps, engine cover, zex kit, and the DT long tube headers with sims. I need to sell those by the way...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.