Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

High Mileage w/ Supercharger??

22K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  Rev411 
#1 ·
Anyone have a 5.7 with supercharger that is over 100K miles?...or over 150K...???

Curious how long "they" are living?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#5 ·
I think I've seen some supercharged Tundras with 100k + miles. I don't remember seeing a supercharged Tundra (with the original engine) with over 200K + miles though. I would love to see some.

#6 ·
152,000 on my 2007. SC was installed at 60,000, so almost 100k supercharged miles. Running strong other than a rear end rebuild.

#7 ·
Hind sight being what it is, this is the question I should have asked before I put the SC on my truck at 6K miles...currently at 30,500 miles and its been fine.

However, only one over 100K on this forum? That is it?

Maybe I am glad I have the 7/125...

#13 ·
There's a TRD Supercharger listed on EBAY $7500...

Attachments

#15 ·
Although I didn't buy the supercharger to increase resale value of my truck (it was all for fun!), I have to wonder how much more (on top of the crappy RCSB resale value) I could sell my RCSB for when the time comes?

Value of RCSB Tundras is probably the lowest resale value of all body configurations, even if they are the ultra rare 5.7 optioned ones. Even to this day, many people tell me they didn't even know they existed and this truck is 9 years old now!

#17 ·
I'm at 121k. Haven't had any engine issues! Probably rebuilding my SC soon though...

#19 ·
Good to hear no major issues with S/C duration.

Also not meaning to hijack the thread but did you guys notice any difference in MPG? I've seen some guys post better MPGs after a S/C install... Figured it would be other way around.

Also what was the cost for install? Dealer install or other?
Those guys foolishly trust the MPG readout on the truck that is coded wrong, that Toyota and TRD refuse to fix.

#22 ·
Not sure of mileage with addition of S/C, but burning ethanol free gas has definitely added 2 to 3 miles per gallon... And that's REAL Talk!!!>:D

#24 ·
I have 180,000 miles on my truck. The SC was installed at 75,000 miles. No issues so far.

Oh, and I've been running the Bully Dog since around 150,000 miles too, maybe even a little longer.

Dave

#26 ·
My truck has 111K miles on it. I've owned it since it had 83K miles and I'm the third owner. The previous owner told me the original owner supercharged it "pretty much at day one". So I'm guessing it's about 110K on the blower. No engine problems that I know of other than spark plugs and toasted cats. It did get a new transmission due to a "weird shift" and a TSB at 79K miles though. Runs great now and blower sounds fine, the transmission has always been a little moody though. I'm hoping to push this truck well over 200K miles.

Reactions: crunch527
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.