Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

TRD Superchargers Discontinued!!!!

165K views 933 replies 174 participants last post by  j_fuggin_t 
#1 ·
See attached PDF released from Toyota!

Attachments

#687 ·
Keith what do you think about the flex fuel sc set ups running the Bullydog stock tune, with performance shift and then the unichip for the sc fuel?

#702 ·
Same feeling here, I've driven my buddies N/A 5.7L Tundra, of course he says it's real Fast like we all said initially, but it felt like a V6..LoL

#705 ·
We have been going back and forth with Magnuson and have the kits in stock. They make a little less power to the wheels, about 10 HP less. Their kit IS different. It does NOT have an intake. The Magnuson kit is exactly the same, except for the airbox and that is where the tune comes in. They are currently using Unichip and it is a special tune specifically made for the Magnuson kit. From what we have been told, the TRD tune won't work, but we have not tested it.

They are working on a different tuning solution that will work like the TRD reflash. We do not have the applicability on it yet. We do not know if it supports FFV or if it is only for the gas engines. As we find out more, we will post the information, but the Magnuson kits are in stock right now and ready to ship. You have to use a Unichip for the tune, but they are ready to go as well.

Micah

#706 ·
thanks for the info.. i'd be willing to sacrafice 10hp lol, however wouldn't that make it so you can use another like afe, volant etc..??

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#714 ·
Notice any difference?
It is hard to say and think it is only marginal or nothing. You are only gaining 3mm. I feel it does have a good throttle response though. I would of liked to have seen the 90mm throttle body work...>:D
I haven't driven my truck in over 2 months since I grenaded my engine. I removed the larger crank pulley so I lost 2psi from the SC but still have the smaller SC pulley on. But at least I know I am operating in a safer threshold with the engine compression and fuel limitations.

#718 ·
It will make you use lots of fuel and go through tires faster. It will also make you think you can throw all the mods available on the truck with no adverse affects. Lots of people run the smaller pulley with no problems.

It is when you run all the mods without building a forged engine, upgrade the fuel system and engine management that will cause you to blow your engine or burn up your clutches in the trans. Just ask me how I know. >:D On engine and transmission #2 ...

#719 ·
I got mine back in July from Roman at a dealership there in Cool Springs, Tn.

Roman is a good dude so look it up for the number ( I believe he is on here somewhere too) and give him a shout. He may be able to scrounge one from somewhere if he doesn't already have one to sell.

#720 ·
I'm down to one, but I'm ordering some more in right now.

#724 ·
Just got some more in this morning. Also, I was told by one of the analysts at Toyota that whatever they have in stock now is the last of them. They're currently showing 22 total in inventory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.