Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Hyper tech or bullydog

6K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  dirtydeeds 
#1 ·
I'm going to be doing rear car delete and true duel with dynomax bullets.what would u go with hyper tech or bullydog...I'm looking for shift firmness,raised speed limiter and so on.

#4 ·
The BD won't do anything for a N/A engine. You would be able to take the speed limiter off, but HP will not increase. Waste of money if your not supercharged.

#6 ·
I've done conclusive dyno testing of both units. Here's what I recommend:

Stock manifolds and stock cats get a Hypertech

Long Tube headers and BAmufflers race exhaust get a BullyDog (you have to download the correct tune or you will blow your engine)

Supercharger with stock manifolds or headers get a BullyDog (and again, you have to download the correct tune or you will blow your engine)

I have had several trucks on the dyno multiple times to come to these conclusions. Please feel free to give me a call with specific questions, and for the very best pricing possible for these products.

#10 ·
a silly question - do you recommend BD for S/C with DT LT headers and aftermarket exhaust? is there a tune for it?

#8 ·
I am N/A, and honestly, as much as it seems silly, the BD does do something.

I took mine off about 2 months ago and can tell a difference.
Mainly the way the ecu reacts with the bd. It seems to allow more power on tap quicker than stock, and even though on paper is might be a miniscule gain, when driving it is more noticeable

#9 ·
That was my impression of the bullydog on a truck with long tubes when they first came out. I felt like I was the only guy on earth whom actually liked it. Haha.

I certainly like the way the BullyDog makes the truck run as well. The stock truck we did testing on may have been an odd ball. And with the price reduction it may be worth exploring again.

#13 ·
damnit, cant decide between bd or valve body upgrade!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#20 ·
Hey keith I have considering the hyper tech for a while and think I am ready to do it. Is there any truth to the factory ecu adapting to the HT over time? Also I assume it's advancing timing and leaning fuel to make power, have you run One on a Nitrous truck? I run a wet system but the timing concerns me while on spray.

#21 ·
Hypertech fools the ecu into pulling less timing. And adding less fuel. In other words your truck runs about a point leaner. And runs more timing.

Both tend to be the exact opposite of what ya would wanna do when running nitrous.

Now, if ya wanted the hypertech for daily driving. Just remove it when you know you're gonna go to the track and spray;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.