Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Post your BA Muffler!

101K views 466 replies 142 participants last post by  dirtydeeds 
#1 · (Edited)
Keith's BA Mufflers are sizzling Hot, each one custom made for the exact needs that we wanted! For all you Tundra Brothers who had Keith (DirtyDeeds) make you a custom BA muffler, snap a photo of it and post them here!:D

BA's first Gen2 True Duals w/ H-pipe and the birth of the first HelmHoltz Resonators, built on April 2010

BA's first Vband Turbo Back Dual inline BA's with HelmHoltz Resonator.., built on Feb. 2013

It was Cool to have the first ones made!:D

Attachments

See less See more
#396 ·

Hot damn! Received my set up yesterday and went to put it on. Took maybe 45 mins to take out the existing and install this. Sounds incredible! Will have to get the Gopro out for videos later.

But Keith, I did receive the stainless right? I was expecting it to be shiny. I'm fine with the paint, just making sure I received the stainless vs aluminized.

#398 ·

Hot damn! Received my set up yesterday and went to put it on. Took maybe 45 mins to take out the existing and install this. Sounds incredible! Will have to get the Gopro out for videos later.

But Keith, I did receive the stainless right? I was expecting it to be shiny. I'm fine with the paint, just making sure I received the stainless vs aluminized.

He paints all of his systems regardless of the material. You're good to go.

#406 ·
Couple pics of my BA 3" race exhaust. Really happy with the sound (and power!). I'm thinking of buying AF sensor extensions so I can run them in the collector. Truck runs great now where they are, but in the future it'll be a lot harder to diag rich/lean/misfire problems with the sensors only sampling 1 cylinder per side.

Attachments

#408 ·
only problem with the extensions is that they always leak water, if you were going to put the 02 in the collector cut and solder your own extensions.

And the fact that the collector has a v band flange. V band flanges always tend to leak just a little, and on the reversion pulse at idle your a/f sensor (that's right a/f sensor, our trucks don't use an 02 sensor) sees this fresh air. Being an a/f sensor is extremely fast, and so is our ecu, the ecu attempts to compensate for a false lean.

The compensation causes a false rich. The false rich following a false lean creates a bad surge at idle that gets worse and worse the longer the truck idles for.

#410 ·
Just installed the budget system yesterday! Took me an hour and a half and I performed the change without using a lift. I did buy a creeper to roll around under the truck. The installation is incredibly easy. The sound, to me, is similar to what I hear from the guys with the 8" and 6" systems. It is nearly silent at highway speeds but when you hit the throttle, a deep roar emits. Note: I have sound deadened the doors and the rear wall of my truck which definitely kills the sound a bit. Over all this is one of the easiest mods I've done.

#414 ·
Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#416 ·
If it were me, I'd do it just because it would look bad ass. Since I don't have an exhaust tip I'm just going with the black BAM tip.

Either way, chrome or black TRD tips, I'm sure it will look good.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#422 ·
Keith- We spoke yesterday and I ended up ordering your 16x5 muffler do a muffler swap on stock pipes. We talked about a low/deep throaty tone... did I do the right thing with that setup? I have yet to find anyone with that size? See more 10, 8, 7 and 6 inch systems... Can you describe the difference between those and the 16 that I ordered.

Also, we talked about needing a Y pipe since I'm going to a single inlet... what size inlet/outlet Y pipe should I be on the lookout for? Thanks again!!!!

#431 ·
Hi Keith,
I have an 2014 SR5 DC with the 5.7L and really want something throaty (as most folks on here do!). I have been looking at your systems for a couple of years now and want to pull the trigger on getting one this year. Any recommendations as to what system I should be looking for would be appreciated. I live in NJ so I have to consider state inspections and winter/salty roads.
Thanks in Advance!!

#432 ·
If running stock exhaust manifolds and ya just want to pep up the truck to the tune of 3-10hp and 10-20tq. With awesome growl when on the throttle. Yet quiet when cruising down the highway. Our 8" system is perfect. And if ya want it just a tad more aggressive. Get the 6". And as always feel free to give a call for help before ya order. 760-877-4234

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.