Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Couple of Odd Questions

918 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  riccnick 
#1 ·
First question is regarding the TRD swaybar. One complaint I have about my truck is how it doesn't feel planted over bumpy or rough paved roads. This can be in a straight line or in a turn. Feels like the truck wants to go all over the place and it's a bit unnerving. Would the TRD swaybar kit help in this regard? Would wider tires and/or larger wheels help?

Second question is a curiosity question regarding the TRD supercharger. In the winter, the low temps make my stock truck feel like a beast. How does the performance of a stock Tundra in the winter compare to the performance of a supercharged Tundra on a 100 degree day in the humid summer? If the supercharger's worst possible performance is equal to, or better than a n/a engine's best possible performance, I know I want a sc more than ever. :D

#2 ·
Get the supercharger you will not be disappointed.
12.07 second 1/4 mile in 55 Degree Weather December 21th 2012
12.16 second 1/4 mile in 90 Degree weather. December 9th 2012

#4 ·
2008 rcsb, 2wd,non trd model.

Currently have 55k miles, but has always handled in the same manner. Last year, I added a Tundra Racing 2/4 drop. It ever so slightly improved handling over rough roads. Otherwise, truck is bone stock.

Has tow package and 18" wheels. Currently have the OEM 275/65-18 Dueler H/T D684 II tires. I'm sure a change to Michelin LTX M/S2 would help.

#5 ·
I think you are looking for better performance from your shocks. The shock is supposed to control the wheel and not let it move around when it hits a bump. A lot of this is in the valving of them. I am in the same boat , btw you truck would be sick with the supercharger

#6 · (Edited)
First question is regarding the TRD swaybar. One complaint I have about my truck is how it doesn't feel planted over bumpy or rough paved roads. This can be in a straight line or in a turn. Feels like the truck wants to go all over the place and it's a bit unnerving. Would the TRD swaybar kit help in this regard? Would wider tires and/or larger wheels help?
Just out of curiosity man, what vehicle are you coming from? I assume you just got the truck? These sound like the noticeable inherent traits of a solid axle being experienced by someone who's driven cars or cars on stilts (crossovers). No offense meant by that statement, just unsure about your concerns. I'm not sure the TRD sway-bar will help in any category other that body roll in a corner. Sway-bars actually make the ride quite a bit rougher when the terrain is uneven. What you described just reminded me of my first ride in a solid (front and rear for that matter) axle truck. You can feel that when the axle articulates on one side only, it becomes off center to the vehicle.

Edit: Never mind, you've had it for more than a year already.... No current mods to the suspension? Maybe it is bad shocks after all.... Mileage?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.