Supercharger off, truck runs fine!! Supercharger rebuilding. - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Supercharger off, truck runs fine!! Supercharger rebuilding.

Just thought Id pass on a little info.

Xrunner:
I use to have a 2005 xrunner, fully modded with a trd supercharger and all the goodies. Anyway I traded it on my rock warrior, but not before pulling everything off (including the TRD supercharge, even though it was reflashed). With the xrunner I left the 425 supercharger injectors and the upgraded fuel pump I added (tacomas dont get a pump upgrade like the tundras). Truck ran fine after pulling everything. THere have been 1 or 2 others that have pulled the TRD supercharger even with the reflash.

Tundra:
I purchased a used 5.7 supercharger to install on my new tundra. It continued to get louder and louder. I have researched to find someone to rebuild it.
From my research comes down to 3 companies:
Stiegemeier Porting Services, LLC - Supercharger Rebuild and Repair Bob is the owner and sounds like a nice guy.. 795.00 for rebuild, port, balanced, and blue printed.

PSE Superchargers - Your source for remanufactured original equipment superchargers THis company comes highly recommended from a Vendor here. Slighly more for rebuild.. Havent talked a lot with them

Manufacturer of Supercharger kits, remanufactured superchargers and supplier of supercharger oil. These guys build the eaton superchargers from TRD from what I understand. $300.00 for a nose rebuild or little under a grand for a full rebuild including "new" rotor packs. "The complete rebuild will be like it just left for the first time inside and out." Dave is the POC for a RGA number if you ship to them.

Anyway I have pulled the supercharger off and reinstalled the stock intake (BOOO). WOW I Knew my supercharger was loud, but WOW the truck is quite now! That being said The truck runs FINE with the supercharger flash but no supercharger.. Only thing it trans doesnt like it. Its shifting a little funny, mainly cause it doesnt have the power like when S/C was installed. If you have to remove your Supercharger to get it rebuilt or you want some extra cash when you sell your truck heads up on the following..
*you have to reinstall your stock water neck
*leave upgraded supercharger and fuel pump installed, DO NOT INSTALL STOCK INJECTORS BACK IN IT..
* you will need to reinstall the stock (TOP) of the air box
*Remove the top ID pulley for super charger belt, but you can leave the bracket it attaches to..

I was in a hurry to pull it off.. As I reinstall the supercharger back on, Ill edit this thread for a how to and insert pics.. If you have any questions let me know, Id be glad to help you out... Its ok to run your truck with reflash but with out supercharger..

2011 CM RW 5.7 tundra, FLM, BHLM, Glass break, Auto start, Tinted 20% front-5% back, debadged, TRD oil cap, TRD rearsway bar, TRD water cap, TRD dual exhaust, TRD supercharger, URD Pulley, coupler, doug thorly long tube headers and cross over pipe,AFE dry air filter, AEM digital boost gauge, AEM Digital wide band, Craven double gauge pod, craven speed stubby, Memphis audio components front and 2 way rears, Eclipse DVD, Navi, Sat radio, and Sirius radio, Alpine v 4channel, 500db rockford
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ntinhri For This Useful Post:
Ogtoyfan (01-24-2012), RedBullistic (03-20-2013), Rut (01-24-2012), shotgun (01-23-2012), TRD-X (01-23-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 08:01 PM
"Resident Liberal"
Premium Member

Thanked 18,527 Times in 7,278 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
I have never rebuild a toyota super charger but I have rebuilt a bunch of engines and 6-71 GMC superchargers and I never did get anyone to define "blue printed". I have heard it a million times, just no true definition other than factory tolerances.

The voices in my head don't like you.

If you are a fan of fat girls, Dave Matthews CD's are better than a ham on a fishing pole.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

2008 RCSB 4.7 TRD Offroad 4x4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OkSlim For This Useful Post:
Ogtoyfan (01-24-2012), TRD-X (01-25-2012)
#3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 08:07 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkSlim View Post
I have never rebuild a toyota super charger but I have rebuilt a bunch of engines and 6-71 GMC superchargers and I never did get anyone to define "blue printed". I have heard it a million times, just no true definition other than factory tolerances.
Just passing on info.. But Blue print is just want you said.. mapping all the clearances..

2011 CM RW 5.7 tundra, FLM, BHLM, Glass break, Auto start, Tinted 20% front-5% back, debadged, TRD oil cap, TRD rearsway bar, TRD water cap, TRD dual exhaust, TRD supercharger, URD Pulley, coupler, doug thorly long tube headers and cross over pipe,AFE dry air filter, AEM digital boost gauge, AEM Digital wide band, Craven double gauge pod, craven speed stubby, Memphis audio components front and 2 way rears, Eclipse DVD, Navi, Sat radio, and Sirius radio, Alpine v 4channel, 500db rockford
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ntinhri For This Useful Post:
#4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 1,052 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Nice to know. Guess I'm holding onto my parts.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
The Following User Says Thank You to SC Tuna For This Useful Post:
Ogtoyfan (01-24-2012)
#5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,567 Posts
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
The problem is shipping these sc. Mine was brand new in TRD OEM box. I bought it from the out of state dealer but ups dropped the box and hit the sc nose causing the internal bearing to grind/make noises. It was replaced under warranty I am hesitant to ship these any where now as ups/fed ex isn't careful handling them at all. The sc is also heavy. So your rebuild may be perfect but if ups drops it, it's back to square one.

Last edited by randomwalk101; 01-23-2012 at 09:10 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randomwalk101 For This Useful Post:
#6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
The problem is shipping these sc. Mine was brand new in TRD OEM box. I bought it from the out of state dealer but ups dropped the box and hit the sc nose causing the internal bearing to grind/make noises. It was replaced under warranty I am hesitant to ship these any where now as ups/fed ex isn't careful handling them at all. The sc is also heavy. So your rebuild may be perfect but if ups drops it, it's back to square one.

Fed ex did the same thing with mine!
I had to cough up the extra money for another blower while they sent damage control out to look at it.
They ended up paying for it but it took 2 months to get refunded by them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DHentz For This Useful Post:
#7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 03:03 PM

Garage
Tell the shop to ship it back with a double box insulated also of course.
When I bought my tail lights I received them broken, sent em back and same thing again. The third time I asked the vendor to ship the manufacture's box with a bigger box filled with styrofoam peanuts. The corners were beat up but my lights were intact

So how long are you going to drive without the SC?

BHLM--- Color matched tailgate handle mirrors &grille surround --- 2-12" Cerwin Vega Subs & Hifonics Titan amp --- Audiovox back up camera & mirror monitor --- Hella LED tail lights with VHT spray tint --- Tundra Racing drop 2" - 5" --- BMW style LED door-handle mod --- Blue LED sawp Gauges & HVAC ---Borla muffler & Magnaflow X pipe --- TRD SwayBar --- Debadged --- aFe dry intake kit --- MPG info mod --- V-LEDS FRONT, REAR turn signals, 8W cargo & reverse LEDs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLAT3 For This Useful Post:
#8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Its not the first time I have heard that UPS dropped their supercharger and caused damage. I was lucky.
NTINHRI: Good luck with the rebuild.

[SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]2008 Tundra Supercharged Dbl Cab: MODS-Grillcraft grille, BHLM, Corsa exhaust, Pioneer Avic-z110bt, Boss 335 22's, Kenwood amps, Memphis 12" sub, Alpine components, dynamat, custom enclosure, Extang Revolution, Katzkin Seats w/heaters, DJM drop arms, TundraRacing rear drop kit, Firestone RideRite system, Viar compressor, train horns
SOLD!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tundra5-0 For This Useful Post:
Ogtoyfan (01-24-2012), TRD-X (01-23-2012)
#9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 22,116 Times in 6,042 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow Steve you didn't have the S/C long before having problems.
I told you to buy a new one from Sparks.

Supratwins/TRD-X Jim Gone to a higher plain of existence!

btw what happend to the new rule about signature sizes does that rule only apply to the members..??

Way-Low Tundra Club member #2
Tundra with a Cap Club member #31
Black Tundra Club Member #71
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRD-X For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (01-23-2012), Ogtoyfan (01-24-2012), SLAT3 (01-24-2012)
#10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:03 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAT3 View Post
When I bought my tail lights I received them broken, sent em back and same thing again. The third time I asked the vendor to ship the manufacture's box with a bigger box filled with styrofoam peanuts. The corners were beat up but my lights were intact

Im going to drive until I get my supercharger back.. Im guessing total about 4 weeks or so..

SHipping concerns me too. But Im going to put the supercharger in a trash bag, fill a box with great stuff "expandable foam", its very dense once it drys. Im going to suspend it in a box. SO s/c will be surrounded in very dense foam. THen I plan to get a box about 3" bigger or so and place the s/c inside the bigger box and fill that with foam. Im pretty sure it will take anything UPS can trow at it. Air bubbles and shipping peanuts wil not hold up to the heavy supercharger. BUt the great stuff is so dense they will have to cut it open more than likely..

#11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:10 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD-X View Post
Wow Steve you didn't have the S/C long before having problems.
I told you to buy a new one from Sparks.
While I agree to buy new, even if I put a grand in it, Im still ahead 2000 or so..

#12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Premium Member

You get my link to the taillight mod?? Here: http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...msl-twist.html

I'll check your thread everyday buddy hope everything is going ok..!!

btw what happend to the new rule about signature sizes does that rule only apply to the members..??

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRD-X For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (01-23-2012), Ogtoyfan (01-24-2012)
#13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 07:07 PM
"Resident Liberal"
Premium Member

Thanked 18,527 Times in 7,278 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAT3 View Post

The voices in my head don't like you.

If you are a fan of fat girls, Dave Matthews CD's are better than a ham on a fishing pole.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken

2008 RCSB 4.7 TRD Offroad 4x4
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OkSlim For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (01-24-2012), Ogtoyfan (01-24-2012), SLAT3 (01-24-2012), TRD-X (01-23-2012)
#14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Premium Member

The transmission is shifting a little funny because of the TRD reflash and remember this isn't a manual transmission in a X-Runner.
I hope your not going to drive the Tundra much as you will screw the transmission up bro.

btw I don't even want to know what the reflash is doing to your engine without the S/C.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TRD-X For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (01-24-2012), Ogtoyfan (01-24-2012), SLAT3 (01-24-2012), toyodatech79 (07-10-2012)
#15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 PM

Garage
What an effin careless doushe bag!!
Pi55es me off how people can be so careless about other's belongings

Anyways, yes that foam is definitely a great idea. Forgot the SC is heavy

BHLM--- Color matched tailgate handle mirrors &grille surround --- 2-12" Cerwin Vega Subs & Hifonics Titan amp --- Audiovox back up camera & mirror monitor --- Hella LED tail lights with VHT spray tint --- Tundra Racing drop 2" - 5" --- BMW style LED door-handle mod --- Blue LED sawp Gauges & HVAC ---Borla muffler & Magnaflow X pipe --- TRD SwayBar --- Debadged --- aFe dry intake kit --- MPG info mod --- V-LEDS FRONT, REAR turn signals, 8W cargo & reverse LEDs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SLAT3 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (01-24-2012), Ogtoyfan (01-24-2012), TRD-X (01-25-2012)

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Performance Modifications