User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SuperCharger for Flex Fuel

Does anyone know if they are going to produce a supercharger for the flex fuel models? I know that Hennessey performance will do a TRD supercharger install for you. They said they have the rights for the tuning portion. But, they want 11,000 dollars to do it. The supercharger is not even half that much to buy. Any ideas?

2010 White Toyota Tundra 4X4

MODS:
Soft Tonneau cover
Bug Guard
Tinted Windows
MORE TO COME!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Here is what I've found out. If you can get a dealership to put in a non flex fuel ecm, and do the trd flash, you will have basically what the non flex fuel guys get. You can buy the super charger and install it, install a unichip, and have it custom tuned. The unichip solution tends to grenade transmissions because the chip only tunes the motor, not the tranny. Or go to Hennessey ... and I bet hennessey puts a non flex ecm in, and does it up.

As far as I know, all of these options would void your warranty. Once I hit 50k Im getting a new ecm (Im a flex fuel also), installing the super charger with an ase cert mechanic (my local dealership SUCKS) and finding a dealership that will do the flash.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool, I will have to wait for the warranty to end then. Then I will probably do it. Thanks for the info.

2010 White Toyota Tundra 4X4

MODS:
Soft Tonneau cover
Bug Guard
Tinted Windows
MORE TO COME!!
#4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM
"The Antagonizer"
Premium Member

Thanked 20,672 Times in 7,547 Posts
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Here you go: (Ik they ruined a perfectly good Tundra..) I like the headlights though, I'm going to do mine like that. Already got the LED Strips but in blue and got VHT Nightshades.

"Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue The other ones got a rattlesnake with a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave"

https://www.facebook.com/Bigblacktundra
BTCM46
TWACCM113

Last edited by JOSH 5.7; 07-14-2011 at 06:02 PM.

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts & Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.