Dome Light connection to canopy light - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dome Light connection to canopy light

i am looking to connect the Dome light to my canopy interior light I have an 08 Double Cab and just got my Raider Vagabond canopy the company that i bought the canopy from does not install the wiring (I am mad don't ask) So I am stuck with it and have got the 3rd break light figured out.

How would I connect the dome light to the canopy light?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
i am looking to connect the Dome light to my canopy interior light I have an 08 Double Cab and just got my Raider Vagabond canopy the company that i bought the canopy from does not install the wiring (I am mad don't ask) So I am stuck with it and have got the 3rd break light figured out.

How would I connect the dome light to the canopy light?

Thanks
usually it's not connected to the dome light...camper light should have a switch so the power wire is usually going to battery or an accessory power connection...depends if you want to be able to turn on light without key in ignition...throw in an inline fuse too

2007 DC Tundra TRD 4x4 Silver Sky

Sway-A-Way Coilovers
Total Chaos UCA's
Plated body mounts
35x12.50x20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ
BMF Wheels
SnugTop Camper
Black headlight mod
#3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 12:16 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007dctundra4x4 View Post
usually it's not connected to the dome light...camper light should have a switch so the power wire is usually going to battery or an accessory power connection...depends if you want to be able to turn on light without key in ignition...throw in an inline fuse too
the instructions which are quite poor say to splice it into the factory dome light wire.
Having never had a camper would there be a wire in the tailight section for hooking up a camper light too?
#4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 01:25 PM
"Toy Master"
Premium Member

as far as I know, you will have to run your own wire. On my Lear canopy, they ran a hot wire from the battery, and there is a switch inside the canopy to turn the light on. make sure to use an inline fuse!
#5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 01:44 PM

(Thread Starter)
thats kinda what I figured but thought I would see if anybody had any ideas. I am going to see if i can get it to the inside and run it off the dome light switch. If I can do that without much trouble I should be good.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 PM

I'll post some pics later. On the Tacoma I ran a hot wire from the battery to the rear of the truck. I put a fuse close to the battery and a conecter where it enters the bed so Its easy to take off. If you run wires run more than you need so if you need another one you have it

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii162/jpnca/cotr.jpg
Tundra Dbl cab
5.7 4X4
OME Ft susp
Bilstein Rr shocks
Air Cell bumps
TRD Intake
TRD duel exhaust
TRD rims
G-Tec preformance Sils
305/65R18 BFG KOs
N-Fab light bar w/ PC H11 lights
#7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 04:58 PM

(Thread Starter)
Well I did it today and it is nice. The Cargo light and canopy light are hard wired together and while I was at it I ran two extra wires from the rear left tailgate to the cab just in case for future use. I taped (electrical tape)and covered the wires with that plastic stuff (wire cover, unsure of name). I fed it along the frame from the rear into the engine compartment and then into the cab where it meets up with the cargo light wire heading back to the light itself. So the switch runs in conjunction with the original. I like that set up the best and it seems very OEM. Any questions I will gladly help for $5. Just joking!!

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts & Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.