Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Painted Bumper ends

27K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  ToyotaOfCoolSprings 
#1 ·
I just got a quote from a local body shop for painted bumper ends.

First quote was just to paint ones that I purchased myself and they painted. Total = $422 ($147 for paint and materials and $239 for labor)

Second quote was for them purchasing and painting Total = $1120 (same price for materials and labor but over $700 for the end caps. Seems high)

Questions: Can chrome be painted? (I do not like the Plasti-dip as it is not the same color white as the rest of the truck and I cannot wrap them as I am of little patience and skill)

Also does anyone have any black paint able ones for sale or know of another route to pursue?

Reactions: tnsanders23
#2 · (Edited)
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-build-logs/424554-2014-1794-remake.html

Paint will not stick well to a chrome surface, t would be a waste of money. I believe this guy took his ends into a metal plating shop and they do a reverse electrolysis on the bumpers to remove the chrome. After that you can take them to a paint shop to be primed and painted. Haven't done to much research on this myself but if a plating shop is able to do this than that will be my rout.

#5 ·
Damn, wish things in NY were cheaper. The price I got quoted was not even with install let alone the middle piece being painted.

#4 ·
#6 ·
Thanks Roman,

As soon as I tell the wife about the grille I just bought from you, I will order these when she comes back to earth:)

#7 ·
Ordering first, asking questions later. You're brave. :D

#8 ·
Like they say,

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission". >:D

#9 ·
I believe you all have just cost me some money that I was planning to spend on beer and liquor. :clap:

#11 ·
they offer shipping or is it close to upstate NY?
i will even drive somewhere if it is worth it

#12 ·
This shop is in Pensacola Florida. But any good powder coating outfit should be able to do it. Prismatic Powders is the manufacturer of the powder. Go to their website and request a sample card of Gloss White. I got several samples of different whites and the plain old Gloss White was a very good match.

#17 ·
Has anyone seen anything about bumper end removal with pictures? I have read about it, some say it is easy others say it is a pain. Would like to see what I am in for.

#18 ·
It's really simple, I replaced both my ends today and start to finish tool less than an hour, and two beers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#19 ·
Hi Roman-

I'm quite new to the forum and can't PM folks yet. Can you PM me back with the following with a ship to 80301:

- TRD Pro Grill Assembly - color match 218
- Hood Bulge - color match 218
- Front bumper end caps with sensors - color match 218

Thanks!

#20 ·
Sure I can get you a quote for everything. I'll need your email address to send it over, though.

Thanks.

#22 ·
Just to add my two cents, I got my chrome bumper ends painted at a local auto body shop for $285.00 deinstalled/installed complete with lifetime warranty. He told me the paint sticks better to "roughed up" chrome than to the plastic.

#27 ·
Good deal. Just sent the quote over.

#30 ·
It's probably the best looking finish, imo. Powder coat and vinyl wrap are good options, but I don't think they make either of those in the exact color of the Toyota paint codes. It's best to weigh the Pros and cons of each one, and go from there.

#33 ·
I would like to get quote for rear and front ends Toyota tundra 2016 no front or back sensors in black 202

Send from gym Galaxy 7E
Here are the links to the bumper ends in our store. They come with everything you'll need to do the swap:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.c...s-front-bumper-ends-front-bumpers?parent=1002
https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.c...rear-bumper-ends-rear-bumper-ends?parent=1003

And here is a link to the TRD Pro center caps:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/oem-parts/toyota-center-cap-trd-pro-pt28034150

Once you add the parts to your cart, you can input your zip code for a shipping quote.

#36 ·
We had a ton come in last week, and I was busy trying to get as many out as I could on Friday with our shipping guys. We've still got more to ship out, and will be working on it on Monday.

#38 ·
We're working as diligently as possible to get them all out in the order they were placed.

#39 ·
I went to my local paint / powdercoat shop and he offered to powdercoat all 4 with a primer and then paint it to match my truck. He quoted $300 but that was with me removing and reinstalling them. He said the powdercoat that he has will bond to the chrome.

#42 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.