Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Addictive Desert Designs Venom Steps

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  chrissu 
#1 ·
I did a search and could not find any info on the forums. Has anyone come across these in person?

Any reviews? Good or bad?

Anyone know where I can get the best price on them?

Link

Thanks!

#2 ·
That's the truck someone won in a contest and couldn't sell it because it's so damn ugly. I'm not a fan of the steps but from the pics they seem to be well made, pretty beefy. That is a lot of $$ though. For a bit more you could get the automatic hidden ones, Amp Research is the brand believe.

Reactions: John Galt
#3 ·
Yes, these are a lot of cash. I was hoping I could find a deal on them somewhere. I was looking for something that looked rugged and were well built. That is why I was looking for someone that may have them.

I looked at the Amp products, they look nice. I am looking for something though that will add for some protection in parking lots. The Amps fold up and won't provide any added protection.

I am unbelievable anal about my truck. About a week ago I parked in what was almost the furtherest spot from the door in a nearly empty parking lot. A rattle can painted POS Ford Ranger parked right next to me and opened their door into my truck. Luckily there was no dent, but I did have to buff out some of the sweet white paint that was left behind.

Reactions: morser77
#16 ·
I am unbelievable anal about my truck. About a week ago I parked in what was almost the furtherest spot from the door in a nearly empty parking lot. A rattle can painted POS Ford Ranger parked right next to me and opened their door into my truck. Luckily there was no dent, but I did have to buff out some of the sweet white paint that was left behind.
I hope you put Vaseline behind his door handle or took a piss in the open window or something.

#4 ·
Did you look into these? A bunch of guys in here running them and maybe they'll chime in for some feedback. Toyota Tundra Rock Sliders

#6 ·
I did look at those awhile ago, but totally forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me. I just put a set of Ace Engineering sliders on my wife's Jeep. These look like they are of similar quality.

#5 ·
I Share your OCD. ID BE 10 x worse if. I had a new PRO like yours.

#7 ·
Those Venom are the only I've ever seen that the word "Goth" applies to.

#10 ·
Reactions: derp
#13 ·
I will have to look at those also tomorrow. I like how Demerol and bud ones have options to bolt directly to the frame. I might shoot an email to ADD to see how the venom steps mount to the truck.

Thanks again guys!!

Reactions: derp
#15 · (Edited)
Everything I've seen from ADD, which is all raptor stuff, has been very high quality to say the least.

I just bought a Crewmax Tundra Limited yesterday. I had thought of getting sliders like on my FJ or the white knuckle offroad sliders that are topped with diamond plating to make them a step.

But I came to the realization that I will never need sliders around here as this truck will never fit on a trail around here that I would need sliders. The most this truck will ever see is a good fire trail/dirt road.

So I ordered a set of ADD Honeybadger Steps last night. I ordered them from Realtruck.com as they stated they had them in stock on their website and they have FREE shipping which is great for items this big. I want to say white knuckle quoted me 300$ shipping on their sliders, granted they are 90lbs each...I would imaging these steps are much lighter. Maybe not.

I don't think steps get any sexier than this. Of course you pay for them. I also plan on getting the bumpers but a 8 month pregnant wife makes the steps the first priority LOL. Wife also refuses to use a tube step, something to do with her uncle's leg slipping between the truck and the tube and snapping his leg. lmfao.

I'll let ya guys know how they are when I get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.