Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2015 Tundra Tailgate: Letter Insert

34K views 57 replies 31 participants last post by  gfxwraps 
#1 ·
What all are you guys using for the tailgate letters as an insert? I own a 2015 Tundra 5.7 in Magnetic Grey. Is Chrome or Black lettering better?

Can anyone link me to what is being used around here. A lot of different stuff on Amazon, most of which appears to be crap.

#6 ·
I really like it as is. Especially on the fenders. Looks classier. Way too much going on with logos in our culture. The back end of that new RAM truck perhaps the most offensive example to date. But someone will do even worse before this trend is abandoned for a while. So glad to see high school kids rejecting the huge logos on clothing.

I have seen one on a dealer's lot with the carbon fiber and it did look very well done. If you had more cf elsewhere on the vehicle.

Reactions: morser77
#12 ·
I agree.. if there was a decal in the stamped metal you be customizing if you removed the decal :laugh:

#9 ·
I've got some carbon fiber ones from ebay (excuse the frost in the pic, was a cold morning the other day)

Great deal at $28. They're real carbon fiber with 3m adhesive on the back.
EBAY LISTING

#11 ·
#32 ·
I'm so not feeling these decals. I'm showing myself the end of this thread :)

/END

Reactions: Slimshady3131
#33 ·
I just put on some as well. They are actual letters -- not stickers. I struggled with which ones to put on my truck but finally decided on these. They just seemed more durable and I plan to order Ballistic Wizards so these particular letters will look great!

Ordered from Complete Appearance. Same as cptblackadder 's suggestion. Cant go wrong!

Pictures:

Attachments

Reactions: HillbillyTaz
#38 ·
There is a company in Tucson AZ, Complete Appearance, Toyota Tundra (2014-2015) Tailgate Insert (5 Finishes) that is making Tailgate Lettering for 14-15 Tundras in 5 finishes. Dennis was the guy I worked with...great guy, he even loaned me an alignment tool and sent along an extra set of letters that are not generally available for public. I got the #5 , gloss black with crome edges for my 15 1794.

Attachments

#40 ·
Tailgate Tundra Logo Letter Inserts - Matte Black at Sparks Toyota-Scion, Myrtle Beach, SC

I have these on my current truck and wanted to know if I were to trade for a different Tundra could I take these off my old one and put them on the new one easily or would it be too much of a PITA and not worth the time? Anyone try yet?

#41 ·
I can take mine off - they are solid plastic letters and not decals. The decals I saw seemed kind of cheap and not likely something you would want to remove.

#44 ·
Anyone used a website called Nox-Lux.com? They are selling a few different inserts that looks great, it's a polyurethane emblem and uses 3M adhesive. They seem legit but was curious if anyone here has any feedback for them. I like the brushed aluminem look with the Blue Tundra.

#47 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.