Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

TRD Pro Suspension Kit

228K views 575 replies 155 participants last post by  Skyheli 
#1 ·
The TRD Pro suspension is being released from Toyota to add to your non-TRD Pro Tundra. The kit consists of the entire spring/shock combo up front, and the shocks in the rear. This kit will fit only the Double Cab and Crewmax 4x4 Tundra.

Because I love you guys, the price for this kit is $2369 + shipping.

#3 ·
I can post the pics that Toyota has on their site (which aren't very good). I don't have a kit in stock yet.

#4 ·
This is it. :|

#6 ·
I'll definitely post more pics as soon as the kit arrives.

#7 ·
There have been a few people that are under the impression that there is some height adjustability with these due to what looks like a snap ring groove in the body similar to the height adjustable 5100s. Is there any way to find out if this is true or not?

Reactions: dirtydeeds
#8 ·
As soon as I get one of these kits in, I'll definitely take a look at that. I'll call Toyota to confirm this as well, once I have a visual. Talking to analysts on the phone (who don't really know anything about automotive parts) is an adventure, to say the least.

#11 ·
Cool. Thank Roman. I know you can fit 295/70 18s on the Pro with the stock wheels, but for those without a +60mm offset wheel, a little extra height could make a big difference as far as rubbing goes, ya know?

Reactions: longhornfan2324
#17 ·
I've read every article I could find on the Pro and never heard anything about any changes to the springs or shackles. Not saying they for sure didn't change anything but I never saw it mentioned anywhere.

Reactions: joe's toy
#19 ·
That Inferno color sure is nice, though.

#21 ·
Gottta admit that it looks bad ass with black accents and some decent sized tires though.

#24 ·
Retail is $2599 for the kit. The discount for accessories is different than regular parts, however. The expensive accessories (BBK's, suspension kits, superchargers, etc.) aren't marked up very much at all at normal retail price.

#29 ·
The contents did not say anything about a diff drop. The only other part mentioned was a bracket to help provide the speed sensor wire with more space.

#27 ·
How much lift does this add compared to stock ( non pro)?

#28 ·
Here is the description provided by Toyota.

• Large 2.5-in. TRD Bilstein shocks with remote (piggyback) reservoirs front & rear for increased oil capacity, cooling, and durability

• Zinc finish with multi-layer coating for extreme surface durability

• ZoneControlR technology® integrates internal hydraulic bump stops into progressive 3-stage position sensitive compression control for extreme off-road demands

• 60-mm. Digressive Pistons for improved ride comfort and more control at high speeds over rough terrain

• Red TRD-tuned front Eibach® coil springs with custom rates that are softer for a better ride both on- and off-road

• Engineered by TRD with unique components and tuned by TRD engineers to provide better ride quality and off-road performance

#31 ·
So how do these compare to Kings or Fox Coilovers? They are in the same price range so it seems like an inevitable comparison. I am interested in why people would choose these over the aforementioned proven options.

This is a comparison I ran into a while ago. Seems to be a pretty fair review though not overly thorough. Conclusion: the Raptor is still king off-road. The TRD Pro gets you 90% of what the Raptor gets you off road but is much better on-road and can tow much better. This is a trade off I and many others, I am sure, would be willing to make. They obviously sell well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.