Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Toolbox or mods?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Atti_mac 
#1 ·
Looking for a deep toolbox or some great ideas for maybe a custom "box" ?
I have a 2011 Tundra double cab, not crew.

#3 ·
#4 · (Edited)
weathergaurd makes some deep boxes. i choose delta pro because they had a 24" wide and i can turn a 20" carry tool box side ways inside the 24" delta pro. alot of crossover boxes are 19" or 20" so you need to put carry tool boxes long ways in them. i also got the matching 48" delta pro side rail boxes.

if you like custom truck boxes "highway products" prolly makes some of the coolest. all custom made to your specs:

Highway Products Inc. - All Aluminum Truck Accessories

#5 ·
I love Delta boxes, I just can't afford it right now. That Tractor Supply box i mentioned is $300 brand new, and i found a 1 month old for $175 . I don't want to spend more than that. Too many mods, and project going on right now :)

#6 ·
What I forgot to mention, I will not carry any tools. I was looking for a storage when we go somewhere with the kids and I can put it up if raining example. This is why I was thinking just having a toolbox. I don't want to spend $800 on bed cover, so that was the only option in my mind. I like the idea of having a 24" wide toolbox, still looking for a deal.

#7 ·
I made tool boxes out of deep large 20mm military ammo boxes that attach to the bed rail system. very simple to do, simple to make them lock and they are easily removable if needed

see pics:

i used 3/8 unistrut nuts with washers in front of them to go on the inside of the bed rail, then a bolt going through the box tightening it to that unistrut nut tightening the box to the rail.

also i have them mounted on the rail to where the boxes are sitting on the wheel wells of the truck bed, not bolted just sitting for more support. (these are heavy when loaded with stuff) but ive seen other guys just have them hanging from the rail system.

for the locks i drilled 3/8 holes and put eyebolts where the latches come down from the lid on to the box. (there are holes on the latches so the eyebolt go's through the middle hole and then put a padlock on it over the latch.

Attachments

#8 ·
Pretty cool :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.