Rebuild Motor - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
TundraTalk.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Toyota Tundra Header Background Toyota Tundra Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

Go Back   TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts & Accessories
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Gameroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

TundraTalk.net is the premier Toyota Tundra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rebuild Motor

I was wondering does anyone know where I can find a factory service manual for an 07 toyota tundra? or just any website that will help me see a take down of this motor.
ness3213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ironically I had to find pics of the engine parts on fleabay to see things I wanted to know about the motor (block web size, oiling, heads, placement of studs, cylinder sleeve sizing ect...)

I am considering using the 3ur motor for a land speed project and needed to know how Toyota handled some things that would make or break the platform for ultra high HP.

BTW:

The motor is very capable, with some minor work of 1000+HP

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

~JH
Jonny Hotnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

I'm replacing the stock rods with forged rods, pistons, studs, and bearings. There 4x the size of stock ones so i know no matter how much HP I add to the truck the motor won't break. hopefully thats the plan anyways

Land speed project sounds fun. did you decide to go with this motor or something else?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

hey guys,this link will give you guys some idea of what can be done to get the hp numbers you're looking for.

Ultimate 86 Motorsports V8 FR-S - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Official Tri-State Member #15

2012 Crewmax 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L Silver Sky Metallic - Purchased 5/23/12

2008 DC 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L Blue Streak Metallic - Traded in 5/23/12 with 72,325mi - It was fun while it lasted

15+ years with heavy duty wrenching(95% diesel work)

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!

http://www.dimartinomotorsports.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dim...88616001165001 vinnie - formerly of orange county choppers
Bennett22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm replacing the stock rods with forged rods, pistons, studs, and bearings. There 4x the size of stock ones so i know no matter how much HP I add to the truck the motor won't break. hopefully thats the plan anyways

Land speed project sounds fun. did you decide to go with this motor or something else?

I have multiple engines to run several different classes and 3 current vehicles: a modified sports, a streamliner and motorcycle (*one in testing stages). My current engine platform is busa based and while I have set some world records I have some unfinished business I need to attend to.

My goals are +375mph with the turbo motor 325 with the big bore stroker NOS engine in the liner.

And....

If you are going that route and making big HP, you need to consider sleeving the motor. Trust me on this one.

Darton Sleeves Incorporated

~JH
Old 01-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Also....

Send the crank to someone (I use Marine Crank) and have the crank ultra balanced, polished and nitrated. This relatively inexpensive mod will help prevent from spinning bearings when making big HP.

BTW:

The sleeves were the only thing that I could see that was a concern about the engine. There is not a lot of distance between the sleeve and the water jacket. While you may not have a catastrophic engine failure there is the very real potential for loosing a HG between bores or into the water jacket. If you cant do sleeves (about 1300 for the sleeves alone) consider O ringing the block.

~JH
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny Hotnuts For This Useful Post:
ness3213 (01-27-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

update: If anyone wants to see some pics of the 3urfe motor being taken apart i have pics in my albums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts & Accessories