Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

What's in your hitch receiver?

50K views 187 replies 83 participants last post by  OUYota 
#1 ·
What's in your hitch receiver? Pics would be great along with why you chose to put that in your hitch receiver.

#94 ·
Very Nice

#96 ·
Update -I use this. Currently living in the city, my former hitch was to long and made it a little harder fitting in spots. this one works and still offers a good amount of protection.

I'll post pics later when I can get to my truck. I park in a church parking lot and sometimes I get blocked in..

#97 ·
#104 ·
Just made 3 of these....

Attachments

Reactions: Ogtoyfan
#106 ·
Should be good... I already have something in there, just this is better...

Made one for the gfs dad (was the mock-up, pictured), one for me, one for I dunno, just because it was not much harder to make a second while I was making mine.

I did not weld the hooks on the second and third ones, the tensile strength of 2 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts is likely stronger than the pin that holds the damn thing in.

#109 ·
thats the perfect size trailer that I am looking for. I have the cash but am looking for just the right one. what are the specs if you don't mind me asking.?

#110 ·
No problem. It's a Haulmark. It's a little over 13' long inside, 12' plus the V nose. Width is about 5'. Mine has the drop down door for loading my stuff. I picked it up over the summer from a guy that was just using it for storage. It's a little too small for my needs actually, I really need a dual axle and a couple more feet. I can fit 2 commercial mowers in but it's tight and overweight if I take it down the road. Think the payload is 1300-1400lbs. It's a shame cause when I got it I ripped all the cheesy 1/4" plywood out and put in 1/2", I was afraid if punching through a wall if I got sloppy loading. I then got some stall mats from Tractor Supply and cut them to 18" high and wrapped that around the whole base. Built a shelf system in the V nose, stained it all up nice...after all that, probably upgrade in the Spring. Least I know how to set the next one up now...haha. Hope this helps.

#112 ·
I was about to look at one but the guy called me and told me it was destroyed in the hurricane. He said I could take it for free if I wanted lol. It would have been a flat bed trailer with a bent axel.

#114 ·
If you ever do get hit just drive off. I'm sure you would hook the front and drag them around. "Seriously officer this is the 5.7, It didn't even feel like I was towing anything"

Reactions: STRICK and Dragos28
#117 ·
This is what I use for tailgating and bonfires!

#124 ·
the fact that you can spend that much money on something stupid... and you are driving a tundra..

Reactions: HughMungus
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.