Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

The Protest-Proof Tundra

8K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  Sav16CM 
#1 · (Edited)
With all the protests happening around the U.S., videos of vehicles being surrounded, drivers being pulled out and attacked, and no signs that this activity will do anything but increase in frequency, it got my mind wondering what I'd do if I ever found my truck being surrounded by a group of violent protestors.

There are all sorts of legal complications for running over people, shooting people, etc. So I was day-dreaming of a non-lethal option, something with *maybe* less legal issues to use first before going all Jason Bourne on em.

What about rigging the grill of a truck with pepper spray/mace? Imagine you're stopped by a protest line and if things get violent, with a press of a button you could douse everyone in front of you with mace hidden within your grill. Maybe it's just me, but that sounds fricken cool. Lol

Anyway, what do you guys think? What's your ideas? Let's hear em.

#3 ·
With all the protests happening around the U.S., videos of vehicles being surrounded, drivers being pulled out and attacked, and no signs that this activity will do anything but increase in frequency, it got my mind wondering what I'd do if I ever found my truck being surrounded by a group of violent protestors.
What in the **** are you talking about?>:D

#12 ·
Inb4ammo - I dunno man, the Occupy movement were all over the streets. That could have gotten a lot uglier than it did in many instances.

As funny as @Mr. Creosote comments are, it is also kinda true. Snowflakes don't march down suburbia often.

Overpowering lights might be an option. But I'm sure our friends in blue would probably have some crowd control ideas that might be applicable.

#16 ·
Lol, love the ideas so far.

I guess I should've clarified. Not talking about snowflake protests where they're worried about getting their Toms dirty.

Talking about the ones that CAN get uglier(like Black Lives Matter). I can't be the only person on here who's seen the videos. Vehicles set on fire(police cars even), cars getting swarmed, people getting beaten, etc. The protests in my city, aside from over a hundred arrests and a few people hurt, were peaceful this time.

But I found myself wondering how I'd react if I got stuck in one of those crazy situations. Sure I'd U-turn or reverse but we have to remember that sometimes that's not an option. If you've got other cars all around you and you aren't up-to-date on where/when the protests will be, you could find yourself driving right up to one.

#18 ·
See the first post. Was attempting to think of a non-lethal option to use PRIOR to using the perhaps far more legally complicated option of killing people. If you don't think it's complicated, read The Laws of Self Defense. It'll change the way you think about self defense.

#19 ·
Or even a deterrent option. Like the "spikes on the front" post. Love that idea. Lol

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#25 ·
What about rigging the grill of a truck with pepper spray/mace? Imagine you're stopped by a protest line and if things get violent, with a press of a button you could douse everyone in front of you with mace hidden within your grill. Maybe it's just me, but that sounds fricken cool. Lol
What if its really hot out and you turn on the AC only to realize too late that its on fresh air mode?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#30 ·
This is why you shouldn't stop:

#36 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.