Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Recommendation on roll on tonneau cover please

5K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Rob's Inferno 
#1 ·
I got 16 1794 crewmax and looking for advice on retractable bed cover.
I do like a lot the retrax pro mx but the price is little too steep
Originally I want the undercover flex but the rol on covers growing on me

Thanks for advice

#3 ·
I have the revolver X2. After coming from Truxedo, it doesn't even compare. Paid $720 for it shipped to my house. It sits flush, and there is no way someone is breaking into your bed without destroying the cover and your truck.

Took about 30 mins to install too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Consider the use of your bed. A canister for a rolling cover takes up 12" give or take, making your 5'6" bed 4'6" and even more useless if you are moving anything of size.

I bought a used roll n lock and flipped it for more than I paid for it and would never get a rolling cover again.

I picked up a used extant solid fold but also would have gone for an under cover flex.
I really like the solid trifold after owing this, rolling and solid tonneau cover styles.

Just my .02

#6 ·
Loroll by tonnopro. For the price its the best. Nice tight fit. I had a truxedo lopro at twice the price on my last truck and there is no difference. Super easy to roll up and keeps the bed dry inside.

#7 ·
gu9cci, another vote for TonnoPro LoRoll Tonneau Cover. The cover rolls up to allow complete access to your bed, and secures in place with a sturdy hook-and-loop system that is extremely easy to use. It installs in 25 minutes and has unmatched quality. Let me know if you have any questions on it.

#14 ·
Don't mean to hijack the thread but does anyone use a soft tonneau and a bed extender at the same time? I was wondering if the tonneau rails would interfere with flipping the extender in/out of the bed to the tailgate.

I'm thinking of buying this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GIYN4I/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2RYO5MGFBXESE&colid=VYDJ97I59IL2 with the utility track installation kit and this extender: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AECDG0K/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IYV398D4L0ZTB&colid=VYDJ97I59IL2 and am not sure if they will interfere with each other. Of course, I would roll the cover back when flipping the extender in or out.

#15 ·
I use a bed extender with my soft tonneau. it doesnt interfere, it is a different style than traditional extender, it collapses against the tailgate when not in use, and just unfolds. On a traditional style extender they taper so much you wouldnt have any difficulty no matter what style tonneau you had.

#17 · (Edited)
The tonneau is nothing special, just a access by lorado. Sits inside the bed rails. The fold up extender is made by topline. Won't hold up against a ATV or motorcycle but good for the rest. The rack sits on the bed rails. It's just roof top tracks down the rails, with feet and cross bars.

#20 ·
First I've heard of the Bak Revolver X2, I was actually looking at the Truxedo Titanium. Anyone have this to compare to the X2?

Reactions: Kraziez
#21 · (Edited)
the Revolver x2 and TruxXedo Titanium (i didnt know existed) both look like awesome covers. I would love to do something like this to ditch the cheap vinyl roll up. i wish they published, or maybe someone can post, the physical dimensions of the cover when its fully rolled up. Might be my eyes playing tricks on me but the Titanium may have a slimmer profile.

given these new types of "hard roll up" covers, i dont see why anyone would ever use Retrax over this.

#22 ·
I too didn't know about the Truxedo Titanium. Looks to be very similar to the Revolver X2. I like my Truxedo Lo Pro QT and really like the lifetime warranty. Surprised to see the Titanium cover only has a 3 year warranty like the Revolver X2.

#24 ·
Not bad. Wonder how that compares to the Revolver X2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.