Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Opinions on flares for my truck

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Vishera 
#1 ·
Im looking to put flares on my truck and like the title says, looking for opinions. My truck has a 3 inch lift in the front with fox 2.5s and CB +2 shackles. My tires stick out 1 inch from the top of the fender and the KO2s have a tendency to kick things up. Im looking at either toyota OEM flares or the pocket style and Im debating between black or color matched. And yes I have done a lot of research. Here are some pics of my truck and I welcome any and all info as well as opinions. Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I personally think the Bushwacker pocket style painted the same color would be perfect for this truck.

BTW, your truck looks awesome! Love those XD's

#6 ·
I kept mine black because I wanted it to accent my truck. I have the Stampede Flares and they're holding up really well. :)

Attachments

#7 ·
You honestly cant go wrong with either flare. To me the biggest difference would be the aggressive look of the Pocket Flares vs the more refined look of the OEM. No offense Tigertiff, (your truck looks great) but I personally would go color match, because they look too flat and plastic when left unpainted.

#8 ·
No offense taken @Skiddy. :) We all have our preference.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I went color-matched. The only thing I would do differently is to buy the color-matched. They were expensive to paint (I had a shop to paint them).

#11 ·
Thanks everyone. This is helping. Is there any difference between the BW pocket flares and the toyota pocket flares, or does BW make them for toyota? I think Im gonna go the color matched route (already painted). Now just to figure out pocket or non pocket.

#16 ·
If you do have a Bushwacker part number, send it to me with a copy of the ebay link, and I'll do my best to beat it. Can't guarantee, but it's always worth a shot if I can!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.