Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Go Rhino RB10 Running board

130K views 483 replies 142 participants last post by  theoat 
#1 ·
Anyone have these at all, interested in hearing what you think as Im interested in getting some, they seem to be the only boards I can find that are fully coated from the start and they are non tube so no way for stuff to get caught in them.

Running Boards

#4 ·
spend a little more to get the AR power step
I will get in touch with you shortly for pricing.

As for going with the AR power steps, I live in a snowy climate and have heard horror stories of the motors and linkages getting clogged and broken from snow. It was an option but I am looking for a board that I can put on, looks good, and don't have to worry about replacing for the life of the truck.

#5 ·
I have the RB10's on my truck. Love them. They are sturdy and useful. My kids and wife like them better than the tube style I had on the old Tacoma.

I had considered the powered running boards, but figured it woul be an additional potential failure and maintenance point.

Let me know if you want pics or further information.

Also, order from Josh. He will treat you right.

Reactions: Svcustoms
#14 ·
These things just moved to the top of my list. Hadn't even heard of them until I saw this post. Throw some pics up after you get them installed, please.

#15 ·
Update, just got notification they have shipped and will be arriving tomorrow.

If the weather holds I will have them on tomorrow evening, if not I will have them installed Friday.

#16 ·
So first and foremost, a HUGE thank you to Josh at SV Customs for the great price (You'll have to order to find out) and the insanely fast shipping. I ordered these on Sunday and they arrived today, so thats what like 3 days, crazy.

Anyways, I went out with some of the guys from work this morning, grabbed breakfast, and went to a cigar/coffee shop thinking they wouldnt be in till after dark. Well I was wrong on that one, no sooner do I get home from the morning adventures and they are at my doorstep by 1 pm. So I figure why do chores, those are so boring and installing new truck parts is way better.

So I get to installing them, I got all the parts laid out on my work bench, got the bolts all washered up and then hit a bit of a snag. The install instructions have the bolts going into the body getting torqued to 25 ft-lbs (Yes I pulled torque wrenches out for this cause Im a neerdy geeky engineer) and thought thats a bit high for going into sheet metal. Well I look up Go Rhino's number and call them up, sure enough 30 seconds later they said 25 ft-lbs is right and Im not going to screw things up. So on to the install I went. First one took about 30 minutes or so, second one about 20 for a grand total just shy of an hour. And Go Rhino estimated the average garage wrench turner at 45 minutes, so not too bad at all.

Some things to note:
- Coating is super grippy, no issues with slipping at all
- I dont know if a bracket was a bit off or my cab is a bit off but one side the mount was about 1/2 inch off from contacting the bottom of one of the boards, not to big of a deal as once all the bolts are tightend then things worked out just fine.

If I was to be critical of these, they dont tuck up as high as they look in the pictures. They acutally are a pretty reasonable step height ( I will get a measurment later) but it would be nice if they were about 1/2" higher off the ground. But I'm being a pain here since I just spent the better part of 11 months with no running boards.

So ask questions, let me know what you think. And if your going to order them send your business to Josh at SV Customs *cough*he supports out site*cough*

Well the part most of you guys want to see the pictures

Attachments

Reactions: MurkanicMan
#20 ·
This forum continues to cost me money haha. Just ordered a set from Josh at SVcustoms- with the exception of a sketchy eBay listing his price was by far the best. Hopefully the coating on these boards will hold up against New England winters better than Nfabs etc. Will post pics when I get them installed.

#21 ·
UPS just dropped off my boards, only took three (business) days! After unpacking I noticed the build quality isnt really the greatest. Couple small scratches on the underside of one of the boards that appear to be from the factory, the brackets that hold them down aren't painted, and corners of both aren't completely welded. Pics are attached below. That said, they have a warranty and look awesome on the truck so I'm installing them anyway. I'll try to get some pics up when I finish the install but my sunlight is fading haha.

Attachments

Reactions: qb1120
#29 ·
I finally got around to taking a couple pictures. The last one shows how much it sticks past the body. They are kind of adjustable, so they could go out another 1/2" mabye and in probably 3/4" in I wanted.

Attachments

Reactions: Svcustoms
#30 ·
What are the specs on those Method wheels you have on there??? I will be pulling the trigger on some next year when the stock tires decided to wear out.

As for the scratches and non painted brackets. I didn't note any scratches on mine, I do recall not 100% weld but I wasn't worried as I deemed that area non structural and went with it. As for those brackets they are galvanized so they shouldn't rust.

I also see some are installing with the louvers openings pointed towards the rear. Anyone know if that is the correct orientation or not. When I installed mine I put the opening facing forward but might switch pending a long trip coming up and seeing what the fuel milage ends up as.

#31 ·
I installed mine with the opening facing forward. This matches what is shown on the Go Rhino installation videos on YouTube.

It would be interesting to see if reviewing them would affect mileage.

Automotive exterior Vehicle door Car Vehicle Auto part

#32 ·
installing mine today! Will be sure to post photos of the truck when its complete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.