Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Go Rhino RB10 Running board

130K views 483 replies 142 participants last post by  theoat 
#1 ·
Anyone have these at all, interested in hearing what you think as Im interested in getting some, they seem to be the only boards I can find that are fully coated from the start and they are non tube so no way for stuff to get caught in them.

Running Boards

#382 · (Edited)
They are adjustable and able to stick out or tuck in a bit.
The most forward (front) bracket just barely fits up against the welding skirt under the rocker. It pretty much determines the most outward position of the brackets but of course you can still slide the rail in and out on the brackets. Adjusting the brackets in or out changes the level for the mounting surfaces since attachments surface is sloping up from the outer edge. It seems manageable but you truly take your time and be patient not tighten the bolts as you go along.

Attached one side so far in between doing other things, stepping out to the garage in short bursts. First, the brackets' mounting surfaces are not lined up straight by the wildest imagination. You need to split the differences and work it out as you tighten the step. If you try to line the step even with the exterior door skirt, you are up for a long journey with no end. The curvature of the exterior would not match the straight RB10. Before tightening all, I opened the doors and used the door sills to adjust the positioning, paying attention to the most forward inner lip of the step. Be mindful of the placement to take into account what happens when you tighten the front bracket which will pull up, making the gap you left diminish.

#381 · (Edited)
Here are some crappy pics with the level but I can not detect any twist at all.

Just added shots from straights down the side. They are perfectly straight. I just saw a raptor in a parking lot as well and they also look twisted near the front! Looked down the side and they are also straight.

I truly believe if you don't need rock slider capability these are the best steps on the market for the price. I couldn't see anything doing anything better than these especially at the $400 price point. Durability will be the only question. I will update later, maybe a year or so, with how mine are holding up.

Attachments

#387 ·
Although it is not significant, mine is "slopping" down 5 degrees on the front near the A-pillar and 3 degrees near the C-pillar, both sides at level ground. It is not enough to cause foot to slip off since it has a nice texture with high friction. The fix is changing the angles in between the mounting surfaces on the brackets. I'd take the accuracy of mounting surfaces on the truck much more reliable than the measurement (most likely prototype build done by GoRhino). I am not suggesting they said "good enough" and moved on but rather it may have changed since they've created the bracket template for the Tundra.

#394 ·
I did that, called your customer service and the guy just said I need to readjust them, he had nothing else to say or offer. I checked my RB10's for my CM, before I installed them and they are straight, my opinion is the brackets for the fronts are off a bit or your sending the wrong ones for our tundras.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

#407 · (Edited)
Wow, 2 weeks on the truck and the texture wrap or whatever it is started peeling up, RB20's. Sucks cause I bought these on a private sale, so I'm assuming GoRhino won't warranty these :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Those look like the 10's not the 20's, either way I hope you can get those taken care of. Another reason I wish you could get them bare metal and have them finished with whatever you want.

#412 ·
Wow, this is infuriating. He knowingly sold you bad boards. He already got us to warranty them out and sold you the bad ones for a profit. That is shameful to say the least.

Unfortunately, our warranty department will see that there was already a replacement done on that order so they will probably not allow another replacement. It might be easiest to take em to a Line-X shop and have them re-do the lining so you'll have it warrantied through them going forward. Feel free to shoot our warranty team an email if you have any questions at all.

#418 ·
so what's the verdict on the rb20 do they angled in the front or was it related to some sets? also can anyone post recent pictures?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.